iMotoneige App

Carman

The ap only gets what is on the server, (same as on the PC).  Hit refresh and you get the last uploaded data.  What club has what GPS, how often they send the data to FCMQ, how often they update the server so you we can see it is hit or miss.  It is much better than nothing but there are gaps in the execution.  We often ride on perfectly groomed trails, or trails that for sure have been groomed and the ap/PC says nothing. Not sure of there is a conscious effort to deter groomer chasing.  I think it only gets updated once a night with what they have.

19 hours ago, zeusand said:

I think it's only once a day, at 6:30 in the morning

It’s usually around 6 a.m. & again around 1 p.m. TWICE A DAY

Like Mark said though you have to refresh. I just click “grooming delay” on and off once and that does the trick.

• 2 weeks later...

IMPORTANT NOTICE

For everyone’s safety, the best source of information about trail conditions and trail closures is your snowmobile club. Snowmobile club websites and Facebook pages are also useful sources of information. Trail grooming intervals can be found on the Quebec federation of snowmobile clubs’ (FCMQ) interactive trail map as well as on the iMotoneige smartphone application. Grooming data is updated twice daily, at 6:00 am and 1:00 pm. Trail information is constantly updated based on information received from snowmobile clubs and the data compiled from the GPS transmitters located in each groomer. For all questions and comments, please do not hesitate to write us at info@fcmq.qc.ca. Have a great snowmobile season!