Laurier, 100 Lacs, Laurier Jan 11 , 12

gowser

Ran 53, 33, 13 on the weekend. Left Comfort Inn Laurier Friday am headed to 100 lacs. Obligatory stop at Meekos for lunch and pulled in Auberge 100 Lacs at 3 for a brief siesta before chow time. Frosty day but trail were great. Dipped into the wine closet and found suitable choice for dinner which was great. Stayed in the Auberge where the rooms are cozy shall we say but comfortable. Up early for breakfast and off we to head back down 13 heading to Devils mountain and then back to Laurier again for the night. Could not have asked for better conditions.....fresh ribbon pretty much until local trail 222? I think above St Anne Du Lac. Fair bit of logging towards the North end but other than that pretty good. Getting close to St Annne at about 11am and northbound traffic is picking up.....lots of people heading north out of Laurier as you would expect on Sat. Note to self....slow down...stay right. Well that worked swimmingly until about 15 minutes normal riding time north of St Anne when wham....guy totally blows a blind corner doing at least 70 mph.  next 2 guys in his group blow the corner as well. I managed to get up and flag down 4 more that would have piled up as well. By the grace of god no one got seriously injured. Sadly new gade didn't even get out of break-in mode and she's headed to the bone yard :(

Had a lot of close calls over the years as most have. Accident would not have happened had the other party been riding responsible. Don't get me wrong...not harping as I like ripp'n as much as anyone but there is a place and time. Narrow local trails with limited sightlines are not the place!

Hopefully the party that hit me and those that were riding in the group got a wake up call.

Sleds can be replaced....lives can't.

Ride safe

Gowser

226.thumb.JPG.8e72091235fdc15ae86178d2b4ffe69b.JPG

226.JPG

1 hour ago, gowser said:

Ran 53, 33, 13 on the weekend. Left Comfort Inn Laurier Friday am headed to 100 lacs. Obligatory stop at Meekos for lunch and pulled in Auberge 100 Lacs at 3 for a brief siesta before chow time. Frosty day but trail were great. Dipped into the wine closet and found suitable choice for dinner which was great. Stayed in the Auberge where the rooms are cozy shall we say but comfortable. Up early for breakfast and off we to head back down 13 heading to Devils mountain and then back to Laurier again for the night. Could not have asked for better conditions.....fresh ribbon pretty much until local trail 222? I think above St Anne Du Lac. Fair bit of logging towards the North end but other than that pretty good. Getting close to St Annne at about 11am and northbound traffic is picking up.....lots of people heading north out of Laurier as you would expect on Sat. Note to self....slow down...stay right. Well that worked swimmingly until about 15 minutes normal riding time north of St Anne when wham....guy totally blows a blind corner doing at least 70 mph.  next 2 guys in his group blow the corner as well. I managed to get up and flag down 4 more that would have piled up as well. By the grace of god no one got seriously injured. Sadly new gade didn't even get out of break-in mode and she's headed to the bone yard 😞

Had a lot of close calls over the years as most have. Accident would not have happened had the other party been riding responsible. Don't get me wrong...not harping as I like ripp'n as much as anyone but there is a place and time. Narrow local trails with limited sightlines are not the place!

Hopefully the party that hit me and those that were riding in the group got a wake up call.

Sleds can be replaced....lives can't.

Ride safe

Gowser

226.thumb.JPG.8e72091235fdc15ae86178d2b4ffe69b.JPG

226.JPG

So sorry to hear this. Glad to hear you are okay and no one was seriously injured. Hopefully your insurance company will get you a new sled soon. Or does the PQ trail permit insurance cover this loss?

Well that sucks big time, glade you walked away. I honestly don’t know what is going through some people’s heads out there. I regularly meet sleds that are being ridden either beyond conditions, tightness of the trail or the riders skill level. Or hey maybe it is all 3.

10 hours ago, gowser said:

Hopefully. 

8 hours ago, 2018RENAGADEXRS850 said:

Glad to hear you are okay and no one was seriously injured.

For sure. 

11 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Gowser so glad to hear your o.k and there was no injuries. Not that it matters much at all but curious to know where the other group was from ?

Most live around Ste Therese area. They stayed fri nite about an hour east of Laurier. Most were 50 or so which was kinda of shocking.