Stolen Sleds

sledzz

I know that at Le Cabanon, you put your truck and trailer in the parking compound which is locked, and they tell you not to leave your sleds in the trailer but to keep them in the secured corral..

The reason being is the trail is accessible from that lot, your truck and trailer is secure there and your sled is secure in the corral.

Since we don't have specifics, I will chime in on La Glaciere, if a trailer was taken I would suspect that it was NOT in the secured area which has a narrow bridge to access that gets blocked by a truck every night, Lionel also has an extensive camera system to monitor everything on site, I think there are at least 4 cameras in the covered sled area which also has trucks blocking the exits at night and if you are in the bar/resto you can watch.  He closes everything up as soon as his guests are in for the night and always before 9:00 PM and only opens and closes them for late arrivals. He also lives on site.

I was at Bazinet s couple weeks ago and the night we stayed a snowmobile was stolen from in front of one of the cabins. It was literally almost right on the front porch. When the police were called they said they would be out to file a report but may be a while because there were many that night. 

This is not old news or hearsay. It is very common

2 hours ago, Fozzy said:

This is why I ride a Yamaha, the Hells, Rock Machine, Evil Ones or which ever biker gang is stealing these things will never be able to carry off with mine. Especially if it is parked on the porch.

Some how I just can’t see a biker clubhouse full of dudes tinkering with sleds.😬

On 1/23/2019 at 3:14 PM, sleddhead1 said:

I know that at Le Cabanon, you put your truck and trailer in the parking compound which is locked, and they tell you not to leave your sleds in the trailer but to keep them in the secured corral..

The reason being is the trail is accessible from that lot, your truck and trailer is secure there and your sled is secure in the corral.

You can actually drive your rig out of the truck lot by going by the fuel pump and down trail to road, we lock our trucks together with chain, worked so far

59 minutes ago, Snobeeler said:

You can actually drive your rig out of the truck lot by going by the fuel pump and down trail to road, we lock our trucks together with chain, worked so far

Actually saw something like that when I was there on Dec 26.

I 4dr sedan actually came off the road, up the trail past the gas pumps and ended up in the truck lot. He was circling the lot trying to figure out how to get out. Me and my buddy actually told this idiot....

Dude your not supposed to be here and go wait at the chained gate.

Not even 2 mins later Dennis appears out of nowhere and proceeds to go NUCLEAR on this person and held him there for atleast 15mins before letting chain down. Was LMFAO as I was watching the SHOW!!!!!!!

Bottom line is YES THE theft is huge in that area but IMO Dennis and his crew go to great lengths to minimize the BS that occurs up there.

People walking the lot all night, sled corral highly guarded ect.

BTW La Cabanon has a great article written in Feb issue of American Snowmobiler 2019 by the guys from Canuck Powersports in Ontario.