Quebec Free Weekend

Carman

RDL hardly any sleds on the trail today, too cold. 900 ACE and 600 Polaris started right up, Terry's Chevy was another story this morning, as was Jack's Chevy Diesel last night

Not  an overabundance of sleds last night or tonight at the hotel.

mike

I found traffic light compared to other years. We did a loop from my Place near Tremblant to Labelle, up the Pitit train du Nord to Nominingue the 319 down to the 323 and back through st Remi. I did notice more than usual amounts of sleds parked at restaurants etc.

We left Mont Laurier this morning.  Both sled said no. One had a recoil that made it start and the other got a new battery.  Headed north on 63 to 53 to 33 to 13 to 83. Lot of 3s there. Ended up in Parent.was trying to get to the Groin Reservoir but too cold to make good time. Stopped at dark . Too cold to ride after dark a d not much between Parent and the Reservoir.  I think it was too cold to even walk. 

Anyway tomorrow might be worse. 

The locals told us we were f ing crazy and that was the women. 

Coldest day I've rode in in years. It's fun. 

The 4 strokes staying beside us at Rabaska had issues Sat AM ... those in the open did not go until 1 pm.. those on the covered trailer were OK we were told 

Water temp said -18F  on startup Sat AM.   We rode until 6 pm... amazing came in warm at 6pm ... and temp said -29C.  Was rather surprised to not get cold hands as soon as the sun went down.. just the right trail conditions I guess to stay active and warm on the 13 south of Fer a Cheval.