Val d'Or Wednesday - Sunday

Carman

5 of us are heading up Wednesday around 3, hoping to arrive at Hotel Forestel by 9ish; we plan to do day loops for 4 days in 4 different directions.

Day 1 - Loop through Rouyn, La Sarre, Amos and back to Val d'Or. 

Where is the best place to stop for lunch?

Day 2 - Out to Lac Faillon on Fiday for lunch/gas up and back.

How is the 83 from Senneterre to Faillon, should we need to call to make sure they have gas and food?

Day 3 - Down to La Verendry for lunch/gas and back.

Is the trail passable, I see on iMotoneige that it is closed due to freezing rain?

Day 4 - Up to Lebel-sur Quévillon for lunch/gas and back.

Edited by Carman

On 1/21/2019 at 7:42 PM, Carman said:

5 of us are heading up Wednesday around 3, hoping to arrive at Hotel Forestel by 9ish; we plan to do day loops for 4 days in 4 different directions.

Day 1 - Loop through Rouyn, La Sarre, Amos and back to Val d'Or. 

Day 2 - Out to Lac Faillon on Fiday for lunch/gas up and back.

How is the 83 from Senneterre to Faillon, should we need to call to make sure they have gas and food?

Day 3 - Down to La Verendry for lunch/gas and back.

Is the trail passable, I see on iMotoneige that it is closed due to freezing rain?

Day 4 - Up to Lebel-sur Quévillon for lunch/gas and back.

Pressiac has a decent restaurant right beside the gas pumps!

On 1/21/2019 at 8:43 PM, Byrd said:

Hotel eskers in Amos has good restaurant . Never had any trouble getting gas at Lacfailon . The trail  down to laverendy  is one of the best trails in Quebec  be careful of the hills before the Indian reserve. 

Being careful on the hills before the reservation is an understatement! Especially the first 1 you come to. Get ready to change your drawers if you come at it with any kind of speed. 

On 1/21/2019 at 8:43 PM, Byrd said:

Hotel eskers in Amos has good restaurant . Never had any trouble getting gas at Lacfailon . The trail  down to laverendy  is one of the best trails in Quebec  be careful of the hills before the Indian reserve. 

X2 on the hills before the Indian Res. One could do some major damage there!

4 hours ago, snowdogs said:

Those hills could kill, caught us totally off guard last year and really no warning even at a slow speed you get more air than you want or are ready for

My ankles still hurt from years ago flying off the first hill !

We arrived at Hotel Forestel at 1am, unloaded, met our friend for a couple of drinks before bed and told old sleddin stories until now. The plan for tomorrow is ride to Louvincort, Senneterre, Lac Faillon for lunch and back to Forestel. 

I will post some pics tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Fozzy said:

Take some pics of the hills everyone is talking about. I have never seen this and curious how crazy it is. Sounds like a good spot to take a break and watch people fly over.

It's kind of like a roller coaster ride lol

I don't like doing this but my boys say oh just squeeze the throttle and you will land softer.  

I have rode them hills a couple times and they can sneak up on you.  Be aware and stay safe.  

Oh yea they're just as sneaky both ways. Lol

48 minutes ago, Shore1066 said:

I don't like doing this but my boys say oh just squeeze the throttle and you will land softer.  

I have rode them hills a couple times and they can sneak up on you.  Be aware and stay safe.  

Oh yea they're just as sneaky both ways. Lol

Super sneaky. We said if these were in NY they'd have a helipad right next to the first one.