Carman

Val d'Or Wednesday - Sunday

Recommended Posts

5 of us are heading up Wednesday around 3, hoping to arrive at Hotel Forestel by 9ish; we plan to do day loops for 4 days in 4 different directions.

Day 1 - Loop through Rouyn, La Sarre, Amos and back to Val d'Or. 

Where is the best place to stop for lunch?

Day 2 - Out to Lac Faillon on Fiday for lunch/gas up and back.

How is the 83 from Senneterre to Faillon, should we need to call to make sure they have gas and food?

Day 3 - Down to La Verendry for lunch/gas and back.

Is the trail passable, I see on iMotoneige that it is closed due to freezing rain?

Day 4 - Up to Lebel-sur Quévillon for lunch/gas and back.

Where is the best place to stop for lunch?

Edited by Carman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2019 at 7:42 PM, Carman said:

5 of us are heading up Wednesday around 3, hoping to arrive at Hotel Forestel by 9ish; we plan to do day loops for 4 days in 4 different directions.

Day 1 - Loop through Rouyn, La Sarre, Amos and back to Val d'Or. 

Where is the best place to stop for lunch?

Day 2 - Out to Lac Faillon on Fiday for lunch/gas up and back.

How is the 83 from Senneterre to Faillon, should we need to call to make sure they have gas and food?

Day 3 - Down to La Verendry for lunch/gas and back.

Is the trail passable, I see on iMotoneige that it is closed due to freezing rain?

Day 4 - Up to Lebel-sur Quévillon for lunch/gas and back.

Where is the best place to stop for lunch?

Pressiac has a decent restaurant right beside the gas pumps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2019 at 8:43 PM, Byrd said:

Hotel eskers in Amos has good restaurant . Never had any trouble getting gas at Lacfailon . The trail  down to laverendy  is one of the best trails in Quebec  be careful of the hills before the Indian reserve. 

Being careful on the hills before the reservation is an understatement! Especially the first 1 you come to. Get ready to change your drawers if you come at it with any kind of speed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2019 at 8:43 PM, Byrd said:

Hotel eskers in Amos has good restaurant . Never had any trouble getting gas at Lacfailon . The trail  down to laverendy  is one of the best trails in Quebec  be careful of the hills before the Indian reserve. 

X2 on the hills before the Indian Res. One could do some major damage there!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, snowdogs said:

Those hills could kill, caught us totally off guard last year and really no warning even at a slow speed you get more air than you want or are ready for

My ankles still hurt from years ago flying off the first hill !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We arrived at Hotel Forestel at 1am, unloaded, met our friend for a couple of drinks before bed and told old sleddin stories until now. The plan for tomorrow is ride to Louvincort, Senneterre, Lac Faillon for lunch and back to Forestel. 

I will post some pics tomorrow.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take some pics of the hills everyone is talking about. I have never seen this and curious how crazy it is. Sounds like a good spot to take a break and watch people fly over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fozzy said:

Take some pics of the hills everyone is talking about. I have never seen this and curious how crazy it is. Sounds like a good spot to take a break and watch people fly over.

It's kind of like a roller coaster ride lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like doing this but my boys say oh just squeeze the throttle and you will land softer.  

I have rode them hills a couple times and they can sneak up on you.  Be aware and stay safe.  

Oh yea they're just as sneaky both ways. Lol

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Shore1066 said:

I don't like doing this but my boys say oh just squeeze the throttle and you will land softer.  

I have rode them hills a couple times and they can sneak up on you.  Be aware and stay safe.  

Oh yea they're just as sneaky both ways. Lol

 

 

Super sneaky. We said if these were in NY they'd have a helipad right next to the first one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now