Heated socks or insole heaters

Shore1066

Does anyone use a heat sore for your feet. I like many I'm sure are diabetic and my feet have the nerve damaged thing. 

I rode last weekend and I had a problem with the coldness on my feet. I have good boots that are good for 60 below my feet just hurt more than feeling cold. I still don't want to take a chance on them getting frostbite.  Just wondering if anyone uses heated socks or insole heaters.  I did see a lady last weekend who had insole heated and she said they did keep her feet warm. They were wired into her heated shield power supply. 

Also I ride a renegade 850 and have read others say their feet get cold so I am covering the running boards with plates to stop the wind coming from below where my feet set.. I noticed this at the end of last year while riding up the river north of Shawinigan  that the air pressure from below was lifting my feet. 30 below and 60 mph means really cold. 

Thanks for any advice. 

When I first started riding years ago , I always had a problem with cold feet. I tried a few pairs of boots and nothing kept my toes warm at 10 below or colder. I even bought a product called Hot Shot boot heaters which did solve the problem but I hated being connected by the wires. Friend of mine told me to get Sorel glaciers that are rated to 100 below and I haven't had cold feet since. I wear a 10 and a half in normal shoes but I bought the boots a size 12. I've noticed if you have a size and a half bigger your foot will be much warmer. Good luck!

3 hours ago, Shore1066 said:

They were wired into her heated shield power supply. 

1 hour ago, zeusand said:

Hot Shot boot heaters which did solve the problem but I hated being connected by the wires.

Y'know how "some people" walk away from their sleds with their shield wire still connected? #BungieHead  It was pretty hysterical forgetting 3 coil cords when I tried the HotShots years ago. Felt like being in a big spider web, until the RCA's let loose.

Sounds like you're on the right track buttoning up at the running boards, so you're probably way ahead on this, but some Yammi's have a hood vent out front on one side that directs airflow to keep the brakes (and your foot) cool. So maybe you can find other places to apply a little duct tape which, as recently discussed, can double as a theft deterrent?

I ran electric socks for several seasons, wired them straight to the battery, they had a connection similar to the RCA one for the Helmets, also a little cap for the power connector when not in use. worked Great, found them at Harley Dealer.

I think the brand was like Gerbar, Gerber.

GutZ

Found the Brand, Gerbring.

Like these but a direct wire version.

https://www.thewarmingstore.com/gerbing-sock-liner-7v-battery.html?productid=gerbing-sock-liner-7v-battery&channelid=FROOG&utm_source=CSE&utm_medium=GoogleShopping&utm_campaign=SolidCactus&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIt-i69OOE4AIV0JCfCh3HZgZcEAQYBSABEgKm1PD_BwE

GutZ

Edited by MrGutz

My feet were frozen on my first full day ride on my new G4 wide body SkiDoo. I applied gorilla duck tape over the first two holes in the running boards. The n each morning I put two hand warmer packets in each boot. Problem solved, even at -20 F.

mike

My foot doc just turned me on to these guys for fancy inserts.  I knew about Merino wool from some sled apparel sellers.  But I didn't realize caffeine is no bueno?...

https://footprints.aetrex.com/2019/01/23/ways-to-keep-your-feet-cozy-in-the-cold/?utm_source=salesforce&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=footprints-8-04&utm_term=first-article

Thanks guys. Step one, new Sorel Glasier boots on the way. Step 2 finish building plates to cover first two holes where I put my feet and got nascar type 200 mile per hour tape coming from north Carolina.  Going tomorrow to look for new socks. 

Cold feet aren't going to stop me from riding my snowmobile. Lol. 

It's only money.  Lol

We use the adhesive toe warmers when snowmobiling.   On really cold days we change them at lunch.  Work well.   Pam uses Hotronics in her ski boots-a chargeable battery plugged to a boot insole.   They work well for skiing but might be a little cumbersome for snowmobiling.   Good luck.