Temiscaming to La Verendy

Byrd

4 hours ago, Byrd said:

Anybody been down trail 43 and up 386 this year is there gas anywhere??? 

I have been wondering the same. Hope to be up there next week and I have have been watching the grooming delay for 2 weeks and 43 has not shown grooming activity between Temiscaming and Rapid des Joachims in that time. I think the only gas is in RDJ and it's about 120 miles

Thats right about 120 miles our 850 ETEC's make that trip with a little gas to spare will be riding that trail on Saturday on our way to Val Dor.

22 minutes ago, jeffgrah said:

Thats right about 120 miles our 850 ETEC's make that trip with a little gas to spare will be riding that trail on Saturday on our way to Val Dor.

Thanks for the reply Jeff, let us know what condition you find the trail in. We are heading up Saturday hope to hit that trail the middle to the end of next week. I know you are very familiar with that trail, what kind of terrain/trail is it? I think I had seen you post a year or 2 ago that there are some pretty open stretches on that trail just trying to figure the time it will take us and what we need to do for fuel. Have 2 Apex long tracks a Viper and 2 Vectors. Not worried about the Vectors or the Viper but the Apex's have such a small tank.  

2 hours ago, jeffgrah said:

Its a fast very open logging road and usually is very fast running. Not sure on Apex making it might want to bring spare gas.

Thanks, yes for sure on the extra gas the 9 gallon tank sometimes doesn't cut it. Each of the Apex's has a 1 Gallon Rotopack but still will be close if really on the gas. You mentioned it shows groomed on the website, which website has info on this trail? 

4 hours ago, viper2 said:

Thanks, yes for sure on the extra gas the 9 gallon tank sometimes doesn't cut it. Each of the Apex's has a 1 Gallon Rotopack but still will be close if really on the gas. You mentioned it shows groomed on the website, which website has info on this trail? 

Les Voyageurs sur Neige & maybe on Snowwild

19 hours ago, Byrd said:

386 is green on iMotoneige so we should be good to go   Thanks for the help. 

Still showing closed as of right now on the FCMQ site up through Kitsisakik on 386

I talked to Natalie at La Verendrye Lodge this morning and she said it should be good to go by Friday. The guy doing the clearing is staying at the lodge so this is first hand knowledge and since I'm coming back from Val Dor on Sunday that way I needed confirmation.

5 hours ago, jeffgrah said:

I talked to Natalie at La Verendrye Lodge this morning and she said it should be good to go by Friday. The guy doing the clearing is staying at the lodge so this is first hand knowledge and since I'm coming back from Val Dor on Sunday that way I needed confirmation.

Showing now will be opened this weekend on the FCMQ map 😀

Road from Val d’Or to Kitcisakik and back last Saturday, north bound had been groomed, south bound had only been packed, and lots of trees and brush all over the trail. It won’t be the usual fast ride until they do a little more brushing. 

10 hours ago, Carman said:

Road from Val d’Or to Kitcisakik and back last Saturday, north bound had been groomed, south bound had only been packed, and lots of trees and brush all over the trail. It won’t be the usual fast ride until they do a little more brushing. 

Supposed to be done this weekend

I'm taking it back from Val Dor on Sunday and will let you folks know what I find. The 386 from the reserve to the lodge is wide open and fast trails so I hope to make time through there as usual.

The temiscaming FB has been saying both their groomers have been down a while.. as in close to a week ... I would expect Swisha to Temiscaming trail to b worst than normal.  Jeff should know as he likely ran that today.  We got snow even in Ottawa today(Saturday) ... 10cm plus... so this area may have got a fair bit more as snow radar showed it came for the west.   Makes for a sloppy ride. 

16 hours ago, largedaryl said:

The temiscaming FB has been saying both their groomers have been down a while.. as in close to a week ... I would expect Swisha to Temiscaming trail to b worst than normal.  Jeff should know as he likely ran that today.  We got snow even in Ottawa today(Saturday) ... 10cm plus... so this area may have got a fair bit more as snow radar showed it came for the west.   Makes for a sloppy ride. 

Yeah-rode railbed back into Temisk. yesterday-was a bit choppy-lots of neige!