ON MY WAY!!!

wulsock1

The last thing I am doing before I head north!  Just a quick post. Truck is ready ,dad has the sleds ready in NY and I'm leaving North Carolina as soon as I'm done here!

Looks like we are starting in Shawinigan on Saturday and headed for the Delta for the weekend then down to meet some friends on 3 and head up the north side to the ferry in Baie Comeau to Matane and back down the south side to Levis and across by truck from there.!

That"s the plan anyway! We shall see how that works out! The biggest slow down I see is the weather north of Syracuse. I'm going to drive up into PA tonight and finish the ride in the morning.

Hopefully we get to run into some other QR people on our adventure! Looking forward to it!

So with that said everyone be safe out there and I will give a report as we go and if not when I get back for sure!!

HAPPY TRAILS!

Be careful tomorrow morning on Rt. 81 North of Syracuse. It might actually be closed in the morning??? There is a Blizzard Warning in effect until 1am Thursday. After that a Storm Warning until 7am Friday. Spots on the Tug Hill Plateau are expecting 3 to 4 feet of snow. 

have a safe road trip to New York the wind chill is Brutal here in Ohio I would like to know how it was getting on to the Ferry and crossing to Mutane we are doing that in mid February.

Have a Great Trip

Zrtkat

Drive safe and have a GREAT ride. Be very careful on that I81 stretch. I curse that mother hucker every time I drive through there, even in the summer. Sounds like you might not have time but consider going the extra distance (about 55 miles) past BC to Godbout and taking the ferry. That section of trail is something every snowmobiler should experience at least once. You won’t believe it if you take it and make sure you DONT have a full stomach if you do.

Two of us are heading to Tug Hill tomorrow. We have never sledded in NY, hear all the horror stories but the pictures and videos I have seen the place looks very nice. We decided to register our sleds there instead of buying Quebec season pass for this year in hopes of witnessing the Lake Effect. Well I guess we'll see it in full action tomorrow.

9 minutes ago, Fozzy said:

Two of us are heading to Tug Hill tomorrow. We have never sledded in NY, hear all the horror stories but the pictures and videos I have seen the place looks very nice. We decided to register our sleds there instead of buying Quebec season pass for this year in hopes of witnessing the Lake Effect. Well I guess we'll see it in full action tomorrow.

Sitting here in The Edge hotel in Lyons falls NY East edge of Tug Hill waits for the snow. Rode today was really nice getting cold right now. Where you staying?

37 minutes ago, Phil 1 said:

Sitting here in The Edge hotel in Lyons falls NY East edge of Tug Hill waits for the snow. Rode today was really nice getting cold right now. Where you staying?

We are staying at The Ridge View in Lowville. We have to stop in Watertown first tomorrow and get our sleds registered so expecting a late start with that and possibly bad roads.

6 hours ago, Fozzy said:

We are staying at The Ridge View in Lowville. We have to stop in Watertown first tomorrow and get our sleds registered so expecting a late start with that and possibly bad roads.

I would think there would be a DMV in Lowville or Copenhagen.  

2 minutes ago, Shore1066 said:

I would think there would be a DMV in Lowville or Copenhagen.  

Just goggled it and it's on rt 12 in Lowville.  

Fuzzy. That Dmv is less than 4 miles past the Ridge View.  It would be alot easier to go there than in Watertown.  Only a suggestion. 

7 hours ago, Fozzy said:

Your riding mid week which is always better. One thing about that whole area is it has a lot of character. I’m not a big drinker but there are a lot of cool old bars to stop at and warm up and get a coffee or whatever. Food is usually pretty good at those places. Just remember to stay way right.

8 hours ago, Fozzy said:

The Edge is 15 miles South on Rt 12 the same road as Ridgeview. 

12 minutes ago, Pipemaster said:

Much worse !

What he said and more. I live 2.5 hrs from the area and haven’t been there in years. Most likely won’t ever be again either.

riding up there 20 + years ago was bad enough. At least there is some snow in other NY areas and that will lift a small amount of pressure  off the hill. When your done riding up there tell us how many stand up, Mohawk, Blair Morgan wannabes you encountered. And how many out of control people obviously riding faster than what their capabilities truly are. Stay farther right than you ever have my friend.