ON MY WAY!!!

wulsock1

On 1/31/2019 at 9:21 AM, iceman said:

I rest my case. 

To each their own. 

Sad but factual. Not to be ignored.  Ride safe all. 

https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/281-new-york/1849414-ny-snowmobile-deaths.html

https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/281-new-york/1263761-we-can-learn.html

Gee can I post on this thread about my Quebec trip or is just about Tug Hill now???!  LOL!

Anyway I made it to Clayton on Thursday. I will say I’ve been going up and down 81 for a long time and been through many snow storms. Thais one was the worst by far. I actually thought about just stopping a couple times. I’m no rookie to driving in bad weather and it really concerned me a few times. But I made it!!

Thursday afternoon Dad and I checked out trailer and sleds and got to hang out with some friends . Loaded up early Friday morning and headed to Shawinigan. Made it there about 2:30 so enough time for a quick 40 mile warm up!!

Left there a little later than planned ( 8:30-8:45)but hey that’s how it always goes! 

Finally made it to the Delta around 8:30 tonight! In the grand scuff things it was a good ride! 

Food just got here so I will finish today’s report in the morning! 

Snowmaster couldnt have said it any better, im 2.5 from the hill and many opportuities to go but never have because of all the horror stories/amateur night...plus why go out for chili cheese dogs when you got filet mignon and lobster tail 4 hrs north in paradise

OK here it is! The report! Not going to be very detailed.

Made it through the storm in NY. Like I said before it was not good but made it. Drove up to Shawinigan on Friday Feb.1. Short ride when we got there.80 miles or so.

Saturday Dad wakes up with a bit of a cough. No worries it will get better when we get in the fresh air. Head for the Delta. Long day 285 miles. Great trails until 83 for the last 15 miles or so. But to be expected in a busy area. Sunday Dad isn't feeling too well so I head out for an 80 mile loop by myself. A couple friends Nick and Emily come in Sunday night so we plan to ride together and head up 3 to Forestville on Monday  then plan to go up to the ferry to Matane on Tuesday. In MT Valin we find out the ferry isn't running. Too much ice. So lets go to Charlivoix. Nice rooms but too hot inside. Have to run the AC! Dad is going down hill. So Tuesday we decide to head for the truck and make a new plan. Long day again but still nice trails. Get to the truck and run down to Levis and meet up with our friends again.Send the night there. Dad says if we get to RDL and he can rest a couple days at the Universall and he will be good to go. So he takes the truck up and meets the three of us there. It was an excellent ride up there from Levis minus the early morning icy spots from the light rain the day before. Get up Thursday morning and now Emily isn't feeling good either. Dad isn't getting any better either. Yep time to pull the plug and head for home. I did get an offer from MIKERIDER to stick around and ride with him for the day. But there were too many signs that said go home. So down the rode we went. So now we are looking to go back up in a few weeks. Not sure where yet and don;t really care as long as everyone is healthy!!!