Those Damn Canadians .....

Pipemaster

Are the Best !  A Big shout out to Stephan and his crew at Le Pub Hotel and Resto in Riviere - Rouge right on trail 63 next to gas station. I left my phone in the restaurant at lunch on our last day. By the time I realized the phone was missing the sleds were in trailer and we were racing home to beat a storm. No time to go back by sled or truck. I called that night and the girl said it was there, call back tomorrow. A couple of my guys were Way more concerned about me getting my phone back than I was. The wife called while we were driving home the next day and spoke to Stephan the owner. Stephan would not take a prepaid Fedex or money.   Well needless to say I have My phone and a shitty pair of readers to boot ! The postage was $46.00 CA to send the phone !  I have a nice note and a little something for Stephan going tomorrow.

Gotta Love our friends in The Great White North !

Dave L , "Pipemaster "

Edited by Pipemaster

8 minutes ago, 800steve said:

ALWAYS been good to us!!!!!!!

ALWAYS  !!!!!!  One of the reasons we keep going back. This is our 20th season in Quebec and still lovin it !

Both my friend and I left our back packs in  Clova a few years back, and realized it in Parent a 6 pm. We called back to Clova and after they were able to identify us by our licenses inside our packs they sent a rider to Parent, on the trail to deliver them to us, the guys name was Bob Morton, he was headed our way, in the dark and was from Ontario. He had our passports, a few thousand in US dollars, our truck keys, wallets, credit cards, etc. He would not take any money from us so we paid for his room and food in Parent without his knowledge. A week later he sent me a thank you card, he was thanking us...amazing, try that in most place today and see what happens, I have always said that some of the nicest folks I have ever met have been on the trail in Canada, second to none!!

3 hours ago, quebec bob said:

Both my friend and I left our back packs in  Clova a few years back, and realized it in Parent a 6 pm. We called back to Clova and after they were able to identify us by our licenses inside our packs they sent a rider to Parent, on the trail to deliver them to us, the guys name was Bob Morton, he was headed our way, in the dark and was from Ontario. He had our passports, a few thousand in US dollars, our truck keys, wallets, credit cards, etc. He would not take any money from us so we paid for his room and food in Parent without his knowledge. A week later he sent me a thank you card, he was thanking us...amazing, try that in most place today and see what happens, I have always said that some of the nicest folks I have ever met have been on the trail in Canada, second to none!!

Wait..... you keep your ID, thousands of dollars, truck keys and wallet in a backpack?

7 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

Its amazing how much people in Canada in general will go out of there way to help you.  One reason I will keep using my vacation to head north 😀

Ditto what he said.

i did my small part last week at the Repos. After gassing up we were leaving down the long driveway and about to cross the road when I see this  triangle shaped windshield bag laying in the trail. Stopped and opened it up and it was a French guy. Had his phone, credit cards and other stuff. Back to the front desk with it. 

There are some awesome people in Quebec.

Had a helmet situation on a bag trip on the Gaspe. At the time I was using a LS2 modular which wasn’t  very popular. Stopped at the clubhouse in chandler to get something to eat and rig my helmet.Got to talking to a woman behind the bar, next thing I know she says to me your ride is here and come with me.I hop in a waiting truck, end up at the Skidoo dealer in chandler on a Sunday!!!!

The owner opens the dealership up and says helmets are over there and buy what you like with a discount and furthermore will send my old helmet to my house in Pa without charging me shipping.

All on a SUNDAY!!!!!!!

snowmobilers take care of snowmobilers no matter what the situation is. PERIOD!!!!!!!

20 hours ago, viper2 said:

Wait..... you keep your ID, thousands of dollars, truck keys and wallet in a backpack?

actually it was my friend who had his wallet and truck keys in his pack, but at any rate anyone could of looked in there and taken it and the guys at the stop in clova certainly saw it , and we got it back, that was my point, HIGH MORAL STANDARDS, OLD FASHION HONEST PEOPLE, WHAT THE BUSH IN QUEBEC IS FAMOUS FOR!!

Two machines wouldn't start in Temiscamingue Thur. morn @ -30. Local fellow went home got his booster and one still didn't start. After 11/2 hrs. and some heat from a blow dryer second one started. He refused cash-wouldn't take it-drove a wood chip truck to Rayonier mill in Temisk.! Got into Rapide-Sept @ 5 o'clock & -23-guys were chilled. No longer licensed so owner went to his private stash-poured each rider @ shot of rum & once again didn't want to take $-we forced him to!

A Canadian at Isle Verte club house on trail #5 east of RDL got talking to me. When he heard I was out riding by myself, he offered his phone number in case I ever needed help. I declined, but was really nice of him to offer.

mike

30 minutes ago, mikerider said:

A Canadian at Isle Verte club house on trail #5 east of RDL got talking to me. When he heard I was out riding by myself, he offered his phone number in case I ever needed help. I declined, but was really nice of him to offer.

mike

I ALWAYS take their phone numbers...LOL Have a bunch of them. Added Andre from L' Hombre Du vent in Parent two weeks ago.One of the most resourceful and connected people up in that region.You can never have enough contacts when you ride in the bush.

Snowmaster,     Good point.   I always figured if I had a problem on the trail, I would open the side panels to the sled, put on my sad face, and throw snow on the hot exhaust as sleds approached.  They would get the idea.