Redscreen Riders - February 20th-24th

Carman

We ride a Sidewinder and a Renegade XRS 850 are we going to be okay for fuel or should we bring the gas buddies? Is bombo 2 stroke oil available on the proposed route or should we carry some? I know Saint Michelle has a big BRP Dealer but I don’t know about the rest of the route. 

The plan is to leave the GTA around 3pm on Wednesday to Le Village Windigo north of Mont Laurier.

Day 1

Le Village Windigo to Pourvoirie Windigo(13 North to 83 East)

Day 2

Pourvoirie Windigo to Auberge Du Lac Taureau(73 South to 355 South to 360 West to M20 to 345 South to 360 West to 33 South)

Day 3

Auberge Du Lac Taureau to Pourvoirie Meekos(33 North/West to 100 Lacs to orange feeder trail South to Meekos)

Day 4

Pourvoirie Meekos to Le Village Windigo( 319 West to 13 South to Devils Mountain Lookout and then back to the truck/trailer and drive home)

FC56F450-70C5-47A0-9916-5A462CD9A2FF.png

I would have one gas buddy between the two of you.Likely won't need but it sure takes the pressure off when you have spare gas. 

Would be fair if you carry your fuel caddy your Sidewinder buddy would mule some oil for you😁.

Here's my poor mans oil storage. Plastic ammo box I bought at Canadian Tire. Bolted to the running board . Fits 2 one litre BRP containers perfectly. In there real snug. Not in my way riding at all.

IMG_3060.JPG

IMG_3063.JPG

IMG_3059.JPG

Edited by Fuse6

That’s going to be a GREAT ride and your staying at all the best places. IMO and I know the area well, there will be no need for extra gas on ANY of that trip. There is gas in several places that are not showing up on your map screen shot. Wemotaci, Relais 22 and Parent are just a few of them. This is assuming your sleds will comfortably be able to go 100 miles before you even start to worry and that still leaves plenty of wiggle room. 

10 minutes ago, snowmaster2112 said:

That’s going to be a GREAT ride and your staying at all the best places. IMO and I know the area well, there will be no need for extra gas on ANY of that trip. There is gas in several places that are not showing up on your map screen shot. Wemotaci, Relais 22 and Parent are just a few of them. This is assuming your sleds will comfortably be able to go 100 miles before you even start to worry and that still leaves plenty of wiggle room. 

Spare fuel s always a no brainer. Miss a turn and go 20+ miles and have to backtrack is 50 right there. Heavy dumping of snow and breaking trail in 12" of powder you'll be burning twice as much fuel. One less thing to worry about, to each there own

1 hour ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Any good look outs and must sees on our route? DEVIL’S MOUNTAIN and BARRAGE DU LAC TAUREAU on our itenerary so far. 

Village du Windigo is real nice, classy stayed there with my wife. Bring a bathing suit, they had an outdoor hot tub. When in the devils mountain area, les chutes du Windigo is worth stopping for a few photos. Used to be a small hotel / restaurant beside it that we often stayed at but unfortunately it burnt down. The falls are still there obviously. Also going up to the devils mt summit, there is a trail / road marked CIP ( going from memory on the exact initials ), it takes you higher than the lookout summit and up to the massive cell towers. Worth the side trip.

8 hours ago, Cnc said:

Village du Windigo is real nice, classy stayed there with my wife. Bring a bathing suit, they had an outdoor hot tub. When in the devils mountain area, les chutes du Windigo is worth stopping for a few photos. Used to be a small hotel / restaurant beside it that we often stayed at but unfortunately it burnt down. The falls are still there obviously. Also going up to the devils mt summit, there is a trail / road marked CIP ( going from memory on the exact initials ), it takes you higher than the lookout summit and up to the massive cell towers. Worth the side trip.

If it is a blue bird day I will try and find the CIP trail to get higher better view. Every time I have visited Devil’s Mountain it has been cloudy and snowing, hopefully I have better luck this time. 

11 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Any places to buy 2-stroke oil along the way? 

Relais 22, and the gas station in Parent  have oil. With all the tour groups that stay at Meekos I bet that do also. I carry 2 gallons in my Doo tunnel bag and two quarts in the storage area under the seat of my Polaris XC 850. Yep I have a Doo tunnel bag on it and Cat saddle bags. Not brand loyal....😀

1 hour ago, Carman said:

If it is a blue bird day I will try and find the CIP trail to get higher better view. Every time I have visited Devil’s Mountain it has been cloudy and snowing, hopefully I have better luck this time. 

It is actually pretty neat up there when cloudy. One time We were actually in the clouds, they were blowing by and the towers, guy wires etc were covered in heavy frost. Here’s a pic i’ve Posted previously on here.

4AA5DC89-3364-42F4-A533-198A2A607BE3.jpeg

14 hours ago, Blueblood said:

Pipeman do you have a pic of the saddlebags I'm looking for more storage and the skidoo linq saddlebag doesn't look big enough.  Thanks in advance.

Did you look at the Ski Doo comb saddle bags ? They sit a little further back and have quite a bit of room. Just got a second set yesterday  the wife’s new sled. Heading up the 10th !

3 hours ago, Blueblood said:

Are they the liq ones our do they go over the seat?

P/N 860 200 623   They go over the back of the seat and have straps on each side that connect underneath seat and another  around the back of seat. Add a ratchet tie down to running boards and your go to go. I think they work great. Lots of pockets and some dividers inside. 

• 2 weeks later...