Clova South towards Rabaska/Club Gatineau

19 minutes ago, William Gaf Gaffney said:

Anybody out there know if the orange trail out of Clova straight South towards Rabaska/Club Gatineau  is being groomed this yr.

Looked groomed somewhat when we passed there monday. Not sure as we continued west. Lots of tracks headed down it for sure. 

27 minutes ago, William Gaf Gaffney said:

Anybody out there know if the orange trail out of Clova straight South towards Rabaska/Club Gatineau  is being groomed this yr.

Looks like there is a 9km section that is not passable by the groomer.

image.png.e755a19fdcd36eb1974163d4d9e40264.png

The road is plowed and sanded from the Rabaska to the new bridge entering the ZEC Petawaga.   So that is a hard no from the bottom up.

I beleive that they are logging the Chemin L'Epine north of the Pensive this year so that is a deal breaker right in the middle.

Dom might groom from Clova down to the Evasion later this year, but that is a far cry from being able to make it from the top down to the Rabaska.

Short answer is the same as I posted this summer, might be a few years before we get that run back in action.

On 2/6/2019 at 4:47 PM, William Gaf Gaffney said:

1 hour ago, ChrisWright said:

If anyone has a definitive answer on this, please post.  Also if there is gas available at Pensive (I believe that's the name of the place)

Thanks!

I called Clova just now. Dominic not there according to woman with perfect english. It’s groomed to SHE said Pensive. I think she meant Evasion  After that they are hauling wood. For sure on bottom end like Je me souviens said. 

Its allI got. 

Yea

18 minutes ago, Je me souviens said:

Don't forget . The food is better at the Tabarnak....sorry Ice...couldn't help myself 

Yeah, but what will that trail be like in 2 weeks? That’s the question?

2 hours ago, ChrisWright said:

If anyone has a definitive answer on this, please post.  Also if there is gas available at Pensive (I believe that's the name of the place)

Thanks!

give a call to restaurant le classic (819) 438-5557 and ask for Peter. He is the new owner and he owns the Pensive as well. He probably knows what's going on with the logging on Lépine Road. I haven't heard of anything regarding  "le sentier des Draveurs". It was such an incredible trail to ride.

1 hour ago, iceman said:

I called Clova just now. Dominic not there according to woman with perfect english. It’s groomed to SHE said Pensive. I think she meant Evasion  After that they are hauling wood. For sure on bottom end like Je me souviens said. 

Its allI got. 

1 hour ago, iceman said:

Yea

Yeah, but what will that trail be like in 2 weeks? That’s the question?

That's funny shit Ice.  😂

I did not realize Peter owned both, thanks for the heads up Mid Range.  We are staying there tomorrow night. 

2 hours ago, Je me souviens said:

The road is plowed and sanded from the Rabaska to the new bridge entering the ZEC Petawaga.   So that is a hard no from the bottom up.

I beleive that they are logging the Chemin L'Epine north of the Pensive this year so that is a deal breaker right in the middle.

Dom might groom from Clova down to the Evasion later this year, but that is a far cry from being able to make it from the top down to the Rabaska.

Short answer is the same as I posted this summer, might be a few years before we get tha

Would be real nice if the trail was groomed to the Pensive but then it would be a crap shoot to the bridge which I hear is not groomed and from my last atv ride through there it’s loaded with branches so there’s that for those of you who like to get adventurous.Then over the bridge like Je me Souviens posted its plowed and sanded to Rabaska do that’s a big no no noway going that way.

Better to buzz down the 83 to the 13 and head south. The 13 south of Fer a Cheval meets up with a local trail on the left, take it, its far better than the 13 into Ste Anne du Lac.