Auberge Mekinac

Jackstraw

I see Richard the owner of Auberge Mekinac has posted on HCS that it looks like he will be back open in the future. Been 7 years since he closed. He said right now he has a 2 Bdr cottage available now next to the Auberge. Always loved launching from there, great location at the end of the river. Richard always took care of you with secure parking, sending your truck with a driver for sled retrieval no matter where. Great host, looking forward to the return of the Mekinac!

Interesting spot for sure! If you got one of the front rooms and were a light sleeper the truck traffic could keep you up at night. I do remember one really cold night getting a steak cooked in the fireplace. He was a good guy for sure!

4 minutes ago, snowfarmer said:

If you got one of the front rooms and were a light sleeper the truck traffic could keep you up at night

That is so true. Jake brakes all night long.

5 minutes ago, iceman said:

That is so true. Jake brakes all night long.

Are you saddling up and ready to shoot down to Lebel Sur on that east side trail ? It’s one of my favorites for sure! If so please give an extra little pinch in some of the corners for me when you go through. TIA