Recommended Posts

 Left oliphant ontairo on Wednesday,  arrived at 7 PM in La Binnik, in vile Marie. 3 McKenzies 2 Moores.  Great hospitality great dinner as always.  Thursday -19 no hurry to leave left at 11 heading east. Gas at belleterre. 2 hours of twisty trails. Things opened up, after that, lots of low hanging trees, be careful!!! Close to 30 km of plowed road after Joncas. Saw 2 wolfs, hunting moose. Arrived at Pavillon La Verendrye. Great day. Great food.  Trails groomed all the way. 10 out of 10

 

IMG_0242.JPG

IMG_0245.JPG

IMG_0248.JPG

IMG_0249.JPG

IMG_0251.JPG

Edited by Byrd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the trail side snack pic, what’s the plan for today? Did you guys get a dumping of snow last night, Val d’Or received 40cm in the last 24 hours apperantly. 

Edited by Carman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nickyskidoo said:

Any chance there is a Slick McKenzie in this tour? (nicknamed by my buddy Junior from Pefferlaw) 

If so have a blast man!!!

 The one and only!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Carman said:

I love the trail side snack pic, what’s the plan for today? Did you guys get a dumping of snow last night, Val d’Or received 40cm in the last 24 hours apperantly. 

Just a little freezing rain and light snow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the trail side snack idea too. Reminds me of the early '70's, we would always stop and make a fire and cook hot dogs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still remember Joncas and our first trip there back in the early 80's coming up from Mont Laurier. It was like a chicken coop back then. Fire destroyed that one also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Byrd said:

 The one and only!!!

Right on man!!

Have a blast and keep her out of the rhubarb, should try and get JR on a little Quebec trip... Not too many miles and lots of giggles  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Nickyskidoo said:

Right on man!!

Have a blast and keep her out of the rhubarb, should try and get JR on a little Quebec trip... Not too many miles and lots of giggles  

Is this Glen??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mikerider said:

I like the trail side snack idea too. Reminds me of the early '70's, we would always stop and make a fire and cook hot dogs.

I also remember the cookers you could mount on your pipe to warm up the food. Nice pics Byrd. Love La Bannik too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Snobeeler said:

I also remember the cookers you could mount on your pipe to warm up the food. Nice pics Byrd. Love La Bannik too.

Muffpots are still avail.!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 2 of M&M tours. Woke up to 1/2 inch of ice, covering machines. Took seats off and brought inside then up for breakfast. Machines back together, left at 10 am. Fait chaude Natalie (hot Natalie)  had great hospitality once again. 30 km of the 386 was plowed, bank was groomed up nice. Rest of the ride up to Kitcisakik was excellent. Gassed up at the Rez, self psyched up to hit the Fou Fous. On up to Louvicourt for lunch. Girls wanted to get into the "sauce", but we decided to do a little loop. On up 83, to local trail, west to the 313, back down to Val-D'or.  Won't mention any names but somebody's wife mad a wrong turn on a VTT trail. Arrived at Forestel just after 4 pm. Trails are in good shape but many trees down across trail. Lots of cowboys in town tonight, going to get out of Dogde early tomorrow morning. 

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 3 of M&M tours. Woke up to a skiff of snow, -23 sunny skies. Gassed up on the trail around 11. Made wrong turn in Val-D'or as usual. Fast Jazz say "you fuck up?" Headed west on 83, not far out of town, stopped by the QPP. Showed paper work. Took the local trail south to hook up with the 309. On to Rapide 7 for gas. Stopped for a picnic shortly after. Continued on to logger carnage below Moffet. As told by local at the seen "The logger was stuck in the harvester for 3 hours with just a small air pocket to breath". Sun going down, Fast Jazz jonesing for rum. Had to turn up the wick, in before sunset knotted off the last 60 Km fairly quick. Checked into Chalet Temikami south of Ville Marie. Trails where in good shape except some areas were very icy. Good 3 day tour, 817km. Stay tuned for M&M tours part DEUX in March, 6-8 day tour. P.S. Dino goes on all our trips!!!

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_1083.JPG

IMG_1082.JPG

IMG_1084.JPG

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_1087.JPG

IMG_1088.JPG

IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

Edited by Byrd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2019 at 9:59 PM, Byrd said:

Day 2 of M&M tours. Woke up to 1/2 inch of ice, covering machines. Took seats off and brought inside then up for breakfast. Machines back together, left at 10 am. Fait chaude Natalie (hot Natalie)  had great hospitality once again. 30 km of the 386 was plowed, bank was groomed up nice. Rest of the ride up to Kitcisakik was excellent. Gassed up at the Rez, self psyched up to hit the Fou Fous. On up to Louvicourt for lunch. Girls wanted to get into the "sauce", but we decided to do a little loop. On up 83, to local trail, west to the 313, back down to Val-D'or.  Won't mention any names but somebody's wife mad a wrong turn on a VTT trail. Arrived at Forestel just after 4 pm. Trails are in good shape but many trees down across trail. Lots of cowboys in town tonight, going to get out of Dogde early tomorrow morning. 

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

We passed you guys on Friday crossing the Barrage leaving the Reservation. We were the 5 Yamaha’s heading South on 386

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, viper2 said:

We passed you guys on Friday crossing the Barrage leaving the Reservation. We were the 5 Yamaha’s heading South on 386

Yes, that was us clowns taking up the whole bridge!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Snobeeler said:

Nice reporting Byrd, how does Chalet Temikami compare to Bannik

Our cabin was great, 3 bedrooms each with their own full bath. Large living area with fully stocked kitchen and large table. TVs in every room. WiFi &  cell reception. BBQ on deck. No restaurant on site currently but only a 2km ride to La Bannik.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now