Fabulous day attending day 1 of the Grand Prix Ski-Doo de Valcourt

Friday Feb 8, 2019 @ 8am, 40F, a little heavier then a "soft rain" is falling @ camp in Pittsburg NH. What is one to do? Hhhmmm? Day one of the Grand Prix Ski-Doo de Valcourt located in Valcourt is starting. Phone the venue & am told the rain has ceased, & blue skies are overhead with snow in the forecast for later afternoon. Google says Valcourt is shy of a two hour journey. Passports in hand & off we go.

$20 US + - entry fee allows us into a heated suite for the entire day. A fantastic day was spent watching competitive races involving snowmobiles, rubber tired ATV's  ,& motorcycles both track & rubber tire.

It was my first time attending and will definitely return. If you have not yet experienced it I suggest you do if you enjoy the entertainment described. Racing occurs on both a mogul infield allowing heart stopping air shows or on the oval track that fosters wicked speed. There is rarely down time between races. When they are racing on the infield the crew is prepping the oval track & conversely.  Race after race, after race. Exciting ! 

For those reading this posting in real time the show runs today - Saturday 2/9 & Sunday 2/10. A description of the venue can be reviewed @ www.grandprixvalcourt.com. Google will translate  it for you. 

No regrets here. Fantastic day full of entertainment both on the track and in the vendors tent.

Children in tow?  Didn't appear to be an issue as there were young & old in attendance.  Additionally on site is a family park offering in part  tobogganing , bouncy castles etc albeit we didn't venture over to it.  

Additionally they have a limited assortment of food vendors on site & a heated bathrooms. 

Stay safe.

Paddy O 

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 6.52.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 6.53.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 6.53.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 6.51.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 7.23.31 AM.png

Oval sleds.eml

Image-1.jpg

Edited by nyskidooerinnewhampshire

We are heading to Pittsburgh this Tuesday and riding to st George.    I’m pretty confident the riding in st George area is good.   But how are the trails in chartieville and lac megantic since we will be riding through those areas.    Usually we go to jonquierre but wanted to try south of the river.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Traveled the black trail  from Pittsburg to Valcourt by means of Canaan Vt -  Coaticook & Sherbrooke. The snowmobile trails were either thin or bare where our paths crossed. Sometimes under water.

I personally can't t speak for Chartieville - La Patrie - Lac Megantic. - La Guadeloupe - St Georges. 

Safe travels. 

Paddy O 

On 2/17/2019 at 4:54 PM, PLAYHARD said:

Hey White Plains!

Museum across town?...

And bacon wrapped dogs at the races?...

Scarsdale,  we didn't go as it wasn't in the plans but it is in my bucket. 

Returning from the Gaspesie during the summer on our bikes we did attempt to visit the BRP factory but as we neared Valcourt we encountered a team paving the road. The paving team had recently sprayed "tac coat" (liquid adhesive tar applied to the roadbed before resurfacing with blacktop) and the flag men motioned for the waiting traffic to travel over the tac coat. No thanks..needless to say we pulled a U-turn and returned to camp.  Hope to get back that way this summer. As for the winter races I will definitely return. Had a great day. Great energy / excitement. 

Do you still drive the hummer? I'm always looking for your plate "PLAYHRD" on the parkways. Haven't come across it yet. 

I trust you are enjoying your winter. 

Stay safe...

Paddy O 

IMG_20181119_1434244.thumb.jpg.84e789a8dd582ada8db6db1f4384b05c.jpg

On 2/22/2019 at 8:04 AM, nyskidooerinnewhampshire said:

looking for your plate "PLAYHRD" on the parkways. Haven't come across it yet. 

I trust you are enjoying your winter. 

After the bumpy start this season it's been super-duper thanks!

Game plan is to tour every other week as long as conditions permit.

Yes sir, the Alpha is the daily driver (mental wellness therapy) mostly between Scarsdale & Mt Vernon.