Mts. Valin report needed

Mac

We are planning the season ender. Does anyone know how Mts Valin is holding up? Once the water starts to flow from the meltdown its all over. I did this a couple of years ago back in April and it really sucked. Where can we get up to the minute real trail conditions? Also can there be riding from the Holiday Inn at this time? I'm willing to drop at the ski resort if needeed.

---mac---

We are planning the season ender. Does anyone know how Mts Valin is holding up? Once the water starts to flow from the meltdown its all over. I did this a couple of years ago back in April and it really sucked. Where can we get up to the minute real trail conditions? Also can there be riding from the Holiday Inn at this time? I'm willing to drop at the ski resort if needeed.

---mac---

Hi Mac!

Here's what the club announced on the 07/04/2008.

It is with great regret that we notify you that our paths are no longer maintained!

Good late season and be careful!

http://www.d4m.com/motoneige/francais/index.html

FERMÉ in English...... means Closed

You can still go there, but the sign will be removed. You must know the places to go at this time if the year and rivers begin to be at open water! :sad:

All the best!

SB 2006.

I read on another board that as of the 6th you could still go from the HI to Mt Valin. However, like SB600 said signage could be minimal and things are changing pretty quick. Perhaps trailering to the ski hill would be safest. I think there would still be lots of snow.