FCMQ interactive map question on accuracy

doubler

2 hours ago, Snobeeler said:

I actually use my phone instead of a GPS. Its very easy to see day/night. Its a 6S so screen is big enough. I secured the grip warmer to back side of the aluminum flashing using 2 sided rug tape.

IMG_2202.JPG

IMG_2203.JPG

IMG_6371.JPG

That's a great idea, who cares about turn by turn directions anyways... you can't even hear them when you're moving at speed anyways. Not to mention the phone screen is almost twice the size  of my 3.5"  Garmin Nuvi 550 And you'll notice your notifications faster when you go through areas that actually have reception. Thanks again 👍

We put together a couple GPS systems this year and it is great to know when a trail is coming up. Made a few decisions much easier.  Ours are old garmin's with the trak map program. First day mine kept stopping and restarting.  Next day on a full charge It lasted a couple hours.  Anyway I bought some toe warmers for my feet in case they got cold. Well 1 toe warmer on the back of the unit seem to solve the problem.  At the end of the day the battery still had over a half a charge in it and the toe warmer was still warm. 

2 hours ago, zeusand said:

That's a great idea, who cares about turn by turn directions anyways... you can't even hear them when you're moving at speed anyways. Not to mention the phone screen is almost twice the size  of my 3.5"  Garmin Nuvi 550 And you'll notice your notifications faster when you go through areas that actually have reception. Thanks again 👍

I use it for turn by turn when desired. When you select start and end points on map it colors the path so when you come to a intersection its easy to see correct turn, especially when zoomed in.

Edited by Snobeeler