Ferry to Mutane

zrtkat

We made reservations to cross from Baie-Comeau to Mutane on 2/21/19 I see they put a new ferry in service Apollo 

they are making 2 trips per day  . my question is are the ferrys a reliable way to get to Mutane ???? our whole trip will be thrown off if the ferry cancels 

any advice ?????

Thanks 

Zrtkat& Crew

Have a reservation for 3 sleds crossing on this Tuesday the 19th. Made them like 3 days ago when I talked to the guy and he said the Godbout to Matane wasn’t starting up until Wednesday the 20th. But on Tuesday the 19th 5 pm  was running Baie Comeau to Matane.

now I’m not so sure after reading this. Their number above is answered 9-5 7 days a week. Call them. Guy speaks good English and will give you whatever new updates they have. Seems like today and the next two days are their first runs with the new boat. The docks had to be modified and Godbout’s will be last. I’m sure this was no easy feat considering the time of year it is. 

We are leaving bright and early tomorrow to start our trip so I’m going to call and get an update on the way. If you type in “Matane ferry” on google their website is the first thing that pops up and they update it regularly. 

Here is their latest:

February 14, 2019 3:58 p.m.

Matane–Baie-Comeau–Godbout

The management of the Matane–Baie-Comeau–Godbout ferry wishes to inform its customers of the official schedule that will be in effect with the MV Apollofrom Friday, February 15 to Sunday, February 17, 2019.

This schedule is based on infrastructure and tides, to allow the loading and unloading of vehicles on the vessel. For this reason, we can only validate for the moment the schedule for the next three days.

The schedule in effect until Sunday inclusive will be as follows:

Matane to Baie-Comeau: departure at 8 am

Baie-Comeau to Matane: departure at 6 pm

Due to the varying impact of the tides on the vessel's loading operations and the fact that there is a familiarization period with the vessel and the newly adapted loading docks, some departures may have up to 45 minutes of delay. We ask our customers the best understanding, especially during the first days of operation of the MV Apollo, and our staff will do everything possible to respect the schedules as much as possible.

We will be able to send to our customers in the following days an official schedule with which the ferry will be comfortable to operate, given the current infrastructures and conditions.

The management of the ferry thanked its customers for their great patience and understanding during this period.

Thanks for all the replys about the ferry they called me today with their new schedule so I guess we are good to go on our trip I will keep a eye on the alerts 

Here is the schedule that will be in effect until Sunday, February 24, 2019 inclusive:

Saturday February 16 and Sunday February 17, 2019

Baie-Comeau to Matane: departure at 6 pm

Monday, February 18, 2019

Matane to Baie-Comeau: departure at 9:30 am

Baie-Comeau to Matane: departure at 1 pm

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Matane to Baie-Comeau: departure at 10:30 am

Baie-Comeau to Matane: departure at 1:30 pm

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Matane to Baie-Comeau: departure at 11 am

Baie-Comeau to Matane: departure at 2:30 pm

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Matane to Baie-Comeau: departure at 7 am*

Baie-Comeau to Matane: departure at 3 pm

*Heavy vehicles must be on the dock and ready to embark for 5:30 am.

Friday, February 22, 2019

Matane to Baie-Comeau: departure at 7 am*

Baie-Comeau to Matane: departure at 4 pm

*Heavy vehicles must be on the dock and ready to embark for 5:30 am.

Saturday, February 23, 2019

Baie-Comeau to Matane: departure at 4 pm

Sunday, February 24, 2019

Baie-Comeau to Matane: departure at 5 pm

I spoke to to them on the way up here today and the girl (didn’t speak the best English) said “Godbout broken”

i assume this means they are having trouble retrofitting the docks there. 5 days ago a guy there told me Godbout would resume on Wednesday the 20th but I guess not. 

They cancelled all sailings today due to heavy Ice , we cancelled our plans and going to Plan B ,we cannot count on Ferry to cross over ,good luck to everyone using the ferry it sounds like its not that dependable

Zrtkat

Well we are planning on starting in Rdl and going from there, just concerned that the ferry will not run Thursday and we are meeting  a group in mutane and riding from there so this way we will be on the right side of the River

Ferry alert all sailings cancelled 2/18/19 due to heavy Ice I am happy with our decision to change plans even though it will cut our riding time down 2 days but at least we know we will not be stuck.

Zrtkat & Crew

2 hours ago, zrtkat said:

Ferry alert all sailings cancelled 2/18/19 due to heavy Ice I am happy with our decision to change plans even though it will cut our riding time down 2 days but at least we know we will not be stuck.

Zrtkat & Crew

Why does it cut the riding time 2 days?

Viper 2

We where going to start in Saguenay to Forestville spend the night and ride to the ferry and cross to Mutane the next day , then ride 7 days in the Gaspe and return the same way.

Now we are starting in RDL riding fir 7 Days ,when we get back and still want to ride might head over to Roquemont and spend a night or 2 and do some loops.

Zrtkat& Crew

5 hours ago, zrtkat said:

Viper 2

We where going to start in Saguenay to Forestville spend the night and ride to the ferry and cross to Mutane the next day , then ride 7 days in the Gaspe and return the same way.

Now we are starting in RDL riding fir 7 Days ,when we get back and still want to ride might head over to Roquemont and spend a night or 2 and do some loops.

Zrtkat& Crew

5 hours ago, zrtkat said:

Viper 2

Zrtkat& Crew

Instead when heading back from the gaspe drop down into New Brunswick, do a loop and come back up to RDL through edmunston

have done that a few times. NB is beautiful!

Read in a 3rd party post on FB the ferry had a hard docking and put a hole in the hull causing the ferry to be put out of commission. 

1 minute ago, nyskidooerinnewhampshire said:

Read in a 3rd party post on FB the ferry had a hard docking and put a hole in the hull causing the ferry to be put out of commission. 

Thanks for the info we had planned on using the ferry but with them canceling a lot of crossing we changed plans ,good thing for that , we are stuck here in NB planning on leaving in morning

zrtkat

14 minutes ago, zrtkat said:

Thanks for the info we had planned on using the ferry but with them canceling a lot of crossing we changed plans ,good thing for that , we are stuck here in NB planning on leaving in morning

zrtkat

Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 6.28.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 6.27.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 6.40.20 PM.png

Edited by nyskidooerinnewhampshire

And to think I was just on it Wednesday. It was a beautiful day and no hole then...LOL

we were inside the Godbout terminal bldg last Tuesday at 4 pm shooting the bull with the Guy there. They were getting the new hardware late last week and installing it with hopes of doing a test run over this weekend and possible return to service for today. Guess the test run didn’t go well. Pics from last Tuesday-Godbout

9222618B-3330-434D-811D-4839A2E17876.jpeg

B16B0AA8-2604-4D9A-92C7-2C37E9D16D41.jpeg