Joliette/ Rivière Mattawin vidéo

towing

Awesome video as usual! Funny story, about 15 years ago my buddy from Vermont and I got on the river by Grand mere and we saw open water to the left by the dam which we have seen before but going under that big bridge there was the Shadow from the bridge on the River Plus the dirt from the roadway that was plowed and sprayed on to the river ice and we thought we saw Open Water. We both looked at each other doing about 50 miles an hour thinking we can't stop now  not enough time and hit the gas up to about 70 thinking that we were crossing water but it was just a shadow and the dirt from the snow plow spray coming off the bridge LOL

12 hours ago, zeusand said:

Awesome video as usual! Funny story, about 15 years ago my buddy from Vermont and I got on the river by Grand mere and we saw open water to the left by the dam which we have seen before but going under that big bridge there was the Shadow from the bridge on the River Plus the dirt from the roadway that was plowed and sprayed on to the river ice and we thought we saw Open Water. We both looked at each other doing about 50 miles an hour thinking we can't stop now  not enough time and hit the gas up to about 70 thinking that we were crossing water but it was just a shadow and the dirt from the snow plow spray coming off the bridge LOL

Oh ya! I know what you mean... been on similar situation in St-Alexis des Monts on the Lac à l'eau claire (translate: clear water lake) many years ago. I was leading a group of four and was in federate trail path that run a couple miles on the lake. We were riding on a good snow cover and it was at the end of the afternoon at dusk and suddenly we got on a completely black wide section of maybe 500 feet long. Of course the first thing I tought: it's clear water= a pinch at the heart+ pin the throttle! but few seconds later after a bit of brain processing I realized that it was impossible to have a clear water spot in the middle of the lake in the middle of January so I stopped... one of my followers had not, still on fear reaction! The lake would have been named clear Ice lake! when stopped we were looking at the ice that was clear like a glass and the only thing that indicate us it thickness was some small motionless bubbles in it: at least 3 feets. It was a wind draft between the mountains on the shore that had created this freaking black spot.

41 minutes ago, PLAYHARD said:

Great job Alain!  Thanks for sharing!

Thanks PLAYHARD!:drinks: