Questions about riding in New Brunswick?

yorkxf9000

I know that this is the QR site but was wondering if there are any areas in New Brunswick that are comparable to Saguenay or Rivière du loop as far as staying at one place and doing day trips? Can’t seem to find much information on it anywhere online so I figured I try here. I’ve done those two areas and there probably hard to beat, but was kinda wondering about NB areas as well. Thanks in advance. 

Terry. 

How many days do you want to ride out of the same spot?

We spent 5 days riding northern NB last year. But we moved around, started in Edmunston, 2 nights Bathurst, 2 nights Riley Brook and another night in Edmunston. 

There is a lodge we stop for gas at in north central NB, I will have to look at the map to recall the name. 

NB trails are fast running for the most part. You will cover more miles in a day than most area of Quebec.

Looking for somewhere where we can do 6 days  really don’t want to move around to different places to stay that’s why we like those areas in Quebec. Just thought we’d look into doing something in New Brunswick but maybe we’ll have to stick to Quebec , not that that’s a bad thing!

Not sure how far you would want to do in a day , but I was in NB last week for 3 days.. We had coffee at a place called Island Lake, they rent cottages and I think from there you could easily do a few different day trips..

1 hour ago, Fuse6 said:

How many days do you want to ride out of the same spot?

We spent 5 days riding northern NB last year. But we moved around, started in Edmunston, 2 nights Bathurst, 2 nights Riley Brook and another night in Edmunston. 

There is a lodge we stop for gas at in north central NB, I will have to look at the map to recall the name. 

NB trails are fast running for the most part. You will cover more miles in a day than most area of Quebec.

Serpentine Lodge??  Great spot, very nice guy owns it, inexpensive.

Had time to look at the NB map, it is Island Lake Lodge I was thinking about. The same place Rodmax just mentioned.

We didn't stay there, stopped for gas twice. Newer modern cottages. It's would have different loop options for day trips.

We also stopped at Chalet Restigouche, near Kedwick. It was a nice place but it wouldn't have many loop options for a multiple day stay.

Moose Valley also has a nice lodge and cottages but same thing limited for multi day loops from the one location.

Steven we did stop at the Serpentine Lodge twice for gas and lunch. What a character the owner is there, was worth the trip just to chat and have some laughs with him. I'm not a real dog lover but I would take that big beautiful Husky he has. 

10 hours ago, Rodmax said:

Not sure how far you would want to do in a day , but I was in NB last week for 3 days.. We had coffee at a place called Island Lake, they rent cottages and I think from there you could easily do a few different day trips..

10 hours ago, Rodmax said:

Our loops are usually anywhere from 200-250 miles. 

go to this link, NB interactive map

https://www.nbfsc.com/index.php/maps

Island lake lodge would be due west of Bathurst at a major intersection of the trail system, a few different loops can be done from there..

I planned my 3 day trip with their map and it worked out 95%, I do think they need more signs telling you where you are ,

I had to frequently go to the trail app on my phone.  But trails were great!!!

8 hours ago, dooright said:

http://www.chaletsrestigouche.com/en/apropos.php

Seemed pretty central to the better riding we saw .. IMO there's nothing like the Quebec snowmobiling experience . 

Yeah I agree on the Quebec trail system also but I thought I’d at least check out the NB area, but I think we’ll stick to the Quebec system thanks for the replies though.