Ferry Conquered and back to Shawinigan

snowmaster2112

Started Sunday morning in Shawinigan (more snow than I’ve ever seen there) and headed out the 3 towards QC. Things were good for the first 50 miles or so ( actually mint). Around QC and all the way up to Baie St Paul was like riding Tug Hill in NY. I swear EVERYONE that had a running sled in QC was out on the trails today. It was a beautiful blue sky day ( the whole week has been like that) so we made the best of it. Getting beat up your first day and riding 200+ kinda sucks but what they hey..... stayed at Hotel Baie St. Paul for the night. Headed up to Forrestville on Monday and the trails got much better. Had a moose encounter about 30 miles before the hotel but that’s a whole other story. The 3 way before and way after tadoussac was groomed to perfection which was nice. We left Forrestville yesterday morning and headed to Baie Comeau for lunch then headed out to Godbout. What a trail. Back tracked to BC for the night. After much fanfare with the ferry problems this year we finally has positive confirmation of a 2:30 pm departure to Matane. Woke up this am and ran solo (buddies decided to relax)on the local trail that runs 42 miles north of Baie-Comeau and dead ends as groomer update showed last night. What a SPECTACULAR run and trail. Lots of 60;70 & 80 MPH sweepers. My new all time favorite!!!!!

Had a beautiful ferry run over and with the weather being so nice we got lots of money shot pictures and met lots of cool people. Working our way down to QC and back to Shawini on Saturday. Havnt been to the north shore in quite a few years and it was sweet to see and run it all again. Here is a pic at 1:30 today sitting on top of the hill overlooking the Baie-Comeau ferry terminal.

064ADD4D-4061-4C7C-A2C0-191DB461B2E5.jpeg

Edited by snowmaster2112

I am so jealous of your north shore trip. We had plans a couple weeks ago do do the same trip but ferry was only carrying supplies and wouldn't let us on. Plus I came down with the flu.  I  really wanted to go over that bridge and ride the hilly section.  We did get to ride that one ferry.  Amazing the size of it. Great pictures.  

Next year we'll plan on a March trip there. Thanks for sharing. 

Glad you made it snowmaster we had changed our starting point, because of the ferry cancellations.  We are in Mutane right now ,they changed the schedule and it would have not worked for us on the return trip.

Have a great ride

Zrtkat

On 2/22/2019 at 11:05 AM, revct1 said:

The Godbout portion of trail 3 everyone should experience at least once.  I give the groomer compliments to get thru it.  You wouldn't send a new guy there.

Thanks for the pics and enjoy your ride.

Jack & Sandi

You got that right Jack. Was thinking all the same things as I ran it in each direction on Tuesday. Here are a couple more pics from the trip. 

8040BC62-D180-4A36-81C0-12A772412941.jpeg

2 hours ago, motonick said:

Nice report, blue skies are the best up in Quebec when it is clear out. Heading up this Friday for a week ride.

Have yourself a GREAT trip Nick. I see we’re almost neighbors. Got my cat from the Hornell animal shelter.

Be EXTRA CAREFUL this trip as many signs are covered up and will be worse after today’s storm. Especially around Shawinigan area.Just got a call from a buddy in Sherbrooke and they are closing roads down and there are reports of commercial roofs collapsing in QC. This pic was taken a week ago yesterday east of Shawinigan and that was two snows ago now. Signs were mostly buried and some only stuck out an inch or two. I would imagine most are undercernable now. Lots of road crossings around the area !!!!!

2459E9F6-24E4-434C-9957-416FCECF1CFB.jpeg

Edited by snowmaster2112

Will do. Thanks for the update. who would think that to much snow would be a problem. We may have to rethink our area, although I think most everywhere is pretty deep.