GT 2019

GT Rider

Have so much enjoyed your pictures and narratives of this year's journey. It was really special during your extended stay in RDL to get to see you so many times each day. Hope you are having a safe ride home. Maybe in your golden years you can be a hotel groupie like myself and we will see each other all winter. Best to both of you.

mike

Hi Mike,

We are sitting at customs.

Thanks again for everything.

We had a great time meeting everyone at your place. It was fun chatting. We enjoyed every minute.

I like to have adventures but it’s way less stressful when you have a home base. I’m learning.

Hi Jim and Gemma!

No you don't keep me too late chatting, it was so fun we would had continue a part of the night if we would had not look at the clock! 

I just review your report from home on my 28" computer screen, so much easier and a better than on my small cell phone that I had hard time to navigate internet with...

You made again an outstanding  real time pics report with detailed well wrote stories that make us feel like we ride along with you both. Thank you for having done it again and I admire you both to had did it in real time like this, I know it's much time and efforts behind the scene.   Too bad you live so far south, can't ride more and post more of those top class report.

We are just back home with 1140 miles and smiles mostly in New Brunswick, can't believe it's already finished... as for report I was already 2 rides behind without reports because missing time before this last trip, now stepping back in my fast rolling life I need to catch back the beat. With all the material I have this last one, it's will be a summer project for sure but I will try to be back on the reporting for my next week ride. 

I will PM you on some informations you may be interest about NB...

Thanks again Jim and Gemma!

3 hours ago, towing said:

Hi Jim and Gemma!

No you don't keep me too late chatting, it was so fun we would had continue a part of the night if we would had not look at the clock! 

I just review your report from home on my 28" computer screen, so much easier and a better than on my small cell phone that I had hard time to navigate internet with...

You made again an outstanding  real time pics report with detailed well wrote stories that make us feel like we ride along with you both. Thank you for having done it again and I admire you both to had did it in real time like this, I know it's much time and efforts behind the scene.   Too bad you live so far south, can't ride more and post more of those top class report.

We are just back home with 1140 miles and smiles mostly in New Brunswick, can't believe it's already finished... as for report I was already 2 rides behind without reports because missing time before this last trip, now stepping back in my fast rolling life I need to catch back the beat. With all the material I have this last one, it's will be a summer project for sure but I will try to be back on the reporting for my next week ride. 

I will PM you on some informations you may be interest about NB...

Thanks again Jim and Gemma!

Hi Alain And Krikri,

We will have something to look forward to when the grass is green.

I spend yesterday desalinating my truck and trailer. I cleaned the snowmobile. Maintenance is up next. Back to work today. I know what you mean about back to the fast rolling life.

I don't know where we will end up next season but NB is on the list. Can't wait to see Krikri's pics and your report.

Thanks

31 minutes ago, GT Rider said:

I noticed a lot of groomers run without the drag after the storm. JG was tooling around with it like it was nothing. Backing up it crazy drifts with the drag. Awesome.

This is the moment you realize how good he is at what he do. Very talented people make difficults tasks looking easy! 

You had some very challenging stretches there!!! not for two-up loaded sled... I had the chance to have a solos partner that was making me a trace in the worst sections. Not sure I would have tried  yours myself!

hi gt rider and towing !!!

great thx for posting the pics...i have a great smile....great colors and very sharp !!!

some like to groom with no drag ...because its  faster ...work better in the drifts....and less chances to get stuck....i guess

for me as a ''tractor '''....must use the brakes to turn ....on a long run ...its going to wear  the brakes faster...

i unhooked the drag on the sur -trac a few years back after a big  storm...about 3 miles west  of where i saw you first time in the drifts....big storm....mild temps...snow heavy and not much hp on the sur-trac...machine was out of breath !!!

with the drag , its slower...but i don t mind....you just use your head going in big drifts...think ahead !!!

great thx for sharing the pics !!

jean-guy

if you remember me posting the moose pics...back in 2017 ...

moose were going down the hill right in front of your sled...on the pic , they turned to the right just before the intersection of tq 5 .

jean-guy

jim.jpg

DSC_0105.JPG

DSC_0113.JPG

Just looking at some photos. On Notre-Dame-Des-sept-Douleurs I thought I came across a clubhouse.

The picture shows signs. Bar at the closest door and Restaurant at the farthest. We did not go in.

IMG_2811_zpspc4nljmy.jpg

At the light house the small building was hit hard by water from the wind. It was frozen top to bottom.

IMG_2833_zpsregtaz9k.jpg

IMG_2835_zpspvrkkbjv.jpg

IMG_2837_zpsbz9jtr5n.jpg

IMG_2839_zpsglstnyqj.jpg

IMG_2840_zpsqdb9damf.jpg

2 hours ago, GT Rider said:

Nice shot of mom and calf. Ears up no stress.

bonjour gt rider !!!

early morning .....i stopped about where your sled was...waited 15-20 mins....they were nt moving ...so , i moved the  groomer about 75 '...

took a few mins and they started coming down the road...turned right ...just before where your sled was...

great day for riding ....7 c late afternoon.....great shots of the light house !!!

jean-guy

8 minutes ago, towing said:

I confirm you that even without the communicators, the communication find a way to pass... not always with words:girl_devil:

Are you referring to the pounding on your back from her....? That is why my wife now has her own sled!

15 minutes ago, mcstar said:

Is Gemma giving the thumbs up for a good job digging or....!!! in the 3rd photo!😀

More like nice job dumping it over.🤣

Icemans words playing in my head stay right. Watch out for that big rock. Next thing we are sideways. Fun times.