What is Trail # 43 like from Temiscaming to Waltham

DavidN

Hello!

We are looking to do a loop starting from North bay on Sunday and crossing into the Quebec Trails at Temiscaming and taking #43 to cross back east into Ontario at Pembroke (waltham). Can anyone advise what 43 is like as I'm trying to ensure it isn't a rail line (Like #63). I've checked it out on google maps satellite and it APPEARS to be a seasonal road so I'm encouraged by that.

Also hoping that Lance's convenience is open and has gas at the halfway point.

Any advice or comments on this trek would be great. Plan is to do the return leg of the loop from Pembroke to North bay on the Ontario side.

Thank you!!!

Might be a day too late with this... but. 

1:  There is a nice large bridge here the 386 heads north 

2:  Don't take this local orange trail unless  you like up/down/twisty 

Lots of downhill from 2  - 3 

3: intersection is a Y... might not be marked as a trail ( orange was not groomed last year.. possibility was this year ) 

L - Gas @ Lances  easy to find.   - last 5 miles into Lances is road(but usually perfect) ... only 1 small bush section just before town. 

Swisha.GIF

Edited by largedaryl
add more details

Ahh, the memories. I spent a few hours with Lance years ago with a seized crank shaft. Got booted from his gas station when it closed and spent some time at the local pub up the road before finally getting someone to deliver myself and sled to NorthBay. I must say that town is one of a kind.