Zrtkat &Crew made it to RDL

zrtkat

We made it back to the truck today we rode from Matane to RDL,the trails where in pretty good shape ,lots of groomers k locking down snow drifts a couple days they should be in great shape.

This trip was a learning experience for us even though I  did not get to see the whole Gaspe next year I  will have a better Idea where to go.

We still managed to get 1400 miles on this trip , some great experience  also.

Back to Ohio in the morning

Ride safe 

Zrtkat & Crew

20190228_094811.jpg

Key points are no injuries and no property damages/loses. Some beautiful days, some ugly ones. You’ll have the memories forever. 

No debating your group had one of the more challenging weeks for weather. I always feel it is important to warn folks how even a small snow storm in Quebec can make snowmobiling very difficult - even dangerous. The wind can transform vast areas into alternating mountains and valleys of snow - covering all trail markings and signage. 

Safe travels as you head home and thanks for sharing your trip and pictures  

just to add that GPS is very helpful for those that don't have it when the weather turns ugly. Large open areas often are the worst to try and navigate and even areas where there's splits in roads etc. Its a little peace of mind.

Mike

17 hours ago, vt_bluyamaha54 said:

Key points are no injuries and no property damages/loses. Some beautiful days, some ugly ones. You’ll have the memories forever. 

No debating your group had one of the more challenging weeks for weather. I always feel it is important to warn folks how even a small snow storm in Quebec can make snowmobiling very difficult - even dangerous. The wind can transform vast areas into alternating mountains and valleys of snow - covering all trail markings and signage. 

Safe travels as you head home and thanks for sharing your trip and pictures  

Everything he said above and very glad to,hear you guys made it safe. We too had 1400 miles on our trip and we didn’t have 1/10th the trouble you guys encountered so you guys are REAL Quebec Riders (and New Brunswick...LOL)

Glad you survived, we are starting a modified loop this upcoming Thursday, I have done it before and told the rest of the group "if you need to be somewhere  on a certain day don't go on this trip" . Shit happens and you must be ready for it,. Hoping we don't have to hunker down and hide out for a few days but I know what the possibilities are.