TQ 83 vs 93

Signfan

Still pondering our final route for next weekends trip from Quebec City to the Saguenay / Mont Valin area.  Which is the better choice.  Run up 83 to Saguenay from the Malbaie area, or head onto Tadoussac and then come up 93 the next day.  Either way I will spend day 2 riding the Mont Valin area finishing in Saguenay again and day three is the return trip down TQ 23.

Working to 300 km days or a little less.  I kinda liked the 83 option as we end up in Saguenay for two nights and it looks like the accomodation would be nicer than we might find in Tadoussac.  Is 83 big open trail that you can make good time on?  Access roads and utility corridors?  I've heard TQ 3 is going to be a slower ride to start day one unfortunately.

On 3/4/2019 at 12:25 PM, markusvt said:

not so much in Tadoussac or Sacré-Coeur.

This place isn't going to win any Michelin Stars, but we've parked trucks & ridden thru here and had only good experiences:

Hotel Motel Restaurant Coronet

$55, Great breakfast, Great location, Gas & Depanneur

401 QC-172, Sacré-Coeur, QC G0T 1Y0, Canada

www.hmcoronet.com   418-236-9444

And yeah, if you haven't, ya gotta do the Sag ferry at least once.

3 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

This place isn't going to win any Michelin Stars, but we've parked trucks & ridden thru here and had only good experiences:

Hotel Motel Restaurant Coronet

$55, Great breakfast, Great location, Gas & Depanneur

401 QC-172, Sacré-Coeur, QC G0T 1Y0, Canada

www.hmcoronet.com   418-236-9444

And yeah, if you haven't, ya gotta do the Sag ferry at least once.

Might be the only Motel that has lodging, bar, restaurant, gas, and depenneur in one building. That makes it 5-stars in my book! Wait, 4.5 stars, there's no SAQ, lol.