'19 Trip

DareDog

2/27/19

-22F in LeCabanon that morning.  Up 345 to 360 Matawin for gas. then 355 to Relais du Trappeur for lunch. North of lac bouchette is where it drastically changed. it got a lot more bumpier and  once we got on to 83 in to roberval it was even worse. Passed the groomer in roberval.    Stayed at Hôtel Château Roberval.    270 miles

2/28/19  

just a little warmer at -20F.   Freshly groomed out roberval up 373.  Stopped at the club house club de motoneige for some soup.  then got on 93 north to chibougamau.  very smooth.  Sawmill for gas.  it was $2 a liter there.   in to chibougamau and stayed at Motel Nordic.  205 miles.

3/1/19

-19F that morning.  The big day.  left on 93 south to roberval. Stopped at sawmill and different person was there.  it was $1.39 liter,    stopped back at the Club House for lunch.  then took 373 south and took cut off trail to the 83.  83 west to Relais 22 for gas.  Stayed at Pourvoirie Windigo.  320 miles.    Very nice people Martine and Dan are.  The food is great.   

3/2/19

0F that morning.  left windigo and 83 west was smooth.  turned at 345 south to Casey.  south of Casey was freshly groomed.  Repos for lunch. then back to Lecabanon. 250 miles 

1023 miles for 4 days  not a bad trip.  

DSCN9005_zpsryascrhz.jpg

DSCN9009_zpsoggrb8dk.jpg

DSCN9011_zpsnu0atpmp.jpg

DSCN9017_zpspvdvuwgj.jpg

DSCN9022_zpsmbckxsjn.jpg

DSCN9021_zpsvyswsf4t.jpg

DSCN9018_zpsln7e21uq.jpg

DSCN9028_zpslxpxoyxh.jpg

DSCN9025_zpscffmrljs.jpg

DSCN9029_zpsmdxkhmkm.jpg

DSCN9035_zps2hcvhtyw.jpg

DSCN9033_zpsm6gfjlcy.jpg

DSCN9038_zpshpsxn41f.jpg

DSCN9037_zpsfbhhowbu.jpg

DSCN9047_zpsjaukpca4.jpg

DSCN9053_zps8gscjrqs.jpg

DSCN9055_zpsldfh28ux.jpg

Edited by DareDog

Daredog,  was the gas pump manned at the lumber camp? I had heard that it was self service credit card only this year. I was worried because not all canadian card readers will take american cards. You have to use them inside and they require a signature.  Just wondering for next yr.

Thanks jeff and sandy

8 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

I would have FLIPPED OUT on the price difference. That’s NOT right.

We were prepared to pay the $3/ liter that read on here that the price was. 

Edited by DareDog

19 hours ago, Northbound said:

Daredog,  was the gas pump manned at the lumber camp? I had heard that it was self service credit card only this year. I was worried because not all canadian card readers will take american cards. You have to use them inside and they require a signature.  Just wondering for next yr.

Thanks jeff and sandy

it was not.  you might have to wait a while there like 35 minutes for some one to come which we heard from some other sledders.  .   

when we were there   there was already sleds there getting gas.    next time there was a employee filling truck up. so he helped with the gas.  

7 hours ago, markusvt said:

I'm pretty sure flipping out wont remedy much, you will get no gas or the "pas d'anglais"...............

Your right. I’ve just made a permanent mental note in my brain to have enough gas with me that I’ll never need to stop there again.

It looks like just under 250km from gas in LaDore to gas by the highway before chibougamau. Probably doable with many sleds today, assuming your not in fresh snow. Although I know a topped up fuel tank makes me happy.

17 minutes ago, Northbound said:

It looks like just under 250km from gas in LaDore to gas by the highway before chibougamau. Probably doable with many sleds today, assuming your not in fresh snow. Although I know a topped up fuel tank makes me happy.

we have 2 600 etecs here.  we think could make it with just stopping for gas at  LaDore.   still had 5 bars on the fuel gauge when we pulled in to the saw mill.  

the longest went between stops was  laDore to Relais 22. that was close to 140 miles.  

41 minutes ago, Fozzy said:

I filled up at the Gathering Place in Tug Hill last week and was charged $5/gal. Best thing to do is shut-up and pay and like Snowmaster said, take a mental note not to go back.

I bet there’s a lot of one time buying going on at that place. 

On 3/6/2019 at 5:59 PM, Northbound said:

We did it a few years back there was nobody at the Saw Mill Trail was hard with no snow . 600 etek 1200  600 sdi  skidoos

You could always do what I did in a pinch, grab 2 empty washer fluid gallon jug's from a gas station and fill them with gas, keep them on your running boards after 15 miles pour 1 in and in another 15 miles pour in the other. Kind of crude but better than walking