Best place you have ever stayed?

Carman

I am trying to compose a list of the top ten hotels/resorts to stay when saddle bagging Quebec.

The nicest place I have stayed is Augerge Du Lac Taureau.

Edited by Carman

8 hours ago, zeusand said:

Auberge du Ravage, and Bernard's Safari motel

Don't laugh, it was like my uncle had a motel in Shawinigan🤣

Stan, you are right about Bernard, and with that I will say that there are some very nice hotels to stay at but for me it is the hospitality of the folks in these smaller private places along the trail that you cannot find just anywhere. This is what brings me back over and over and what leads to a lot of friendships. Every year I get a dozen X-Mass cards from all over Quebec and when I get out on the trail the smiles, and welcoming hand shakes are what makes them the best places to stay, and if you get in trouble they help like you are part of the family!!

My house with my wife’s cooking, must be good my buddies keep coming back.😁

Seriously Village Windigo north of devils mountain rates in my mind as worthy of a mention.

7 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

My buddies cabin on Lac Chapeau de Paille which is at the very dead end of M21 trail off M20

FA9AEB3C-1BD8-49B4-BC7F-4D7ABBB3C09D.jpeg

I had the pleasure of riding the M20/M21 last week and met the groomer 30 seconds into my ride, first tracks for 50km of snowmobiling heaven!

2 hours ago, Carman said:

I had the pleasure of riding the M20/M21 last week and met the groomer 30 seconds into my ride, first tracks for 50km of snowmobiling heaven!

It is a special place for sure. Been going there many a year now and literally know every corner. If you went by what they call the “air strip” at the north end you were right near the pic above. This was the first year that the groomer went around the lake and made what I call a 6 mile Formula One track. I currently hold the record at 7 min. 27 seconds from the cabin back to the cabin....LOL   We left this hanging on the wall when we left. Romulus was my trail nickname that ride.

232131DB-F3BE-4ACC-AED1-245423735C6A.jpeg

I'm putting together a relaxed, high end, amazing food saddle bag tour and all the hotel recommendations are great! We are going to start and end at Hotel Sacacomie, day 2 is Fairmont le Manoir Richelieu,  day 3 looking for 1 more place north towards Mont Valin/Roberval/Lac Saint Jean. What do you guys recommend? Are route is going to be something like this:

image.thumb.png.422ba3534f392453a1af4071f1dad44a.png

Edited by Carman

Ditto on most above

universal in Rdl is great as well. Spa is nice after a long day. Decent food and comfy rooms

Great couple at La Verendye now and food is good. Same at 100 lacs. Haven’t stayed at too many places I wouldn’t go back to as everyone in La Belle Province gets it 👍

For pure luxury, hospitality and outstanding value, my recent stays at Le Bannik in Duhamel Ouest, and Hotel Lac Carling north of Lachute immediately spring to mind.  We were also very well used at Motel La Bell'Villa in Senneterre recently, as well as at Motel Villa Mon Repos in La Sarre (though trail access to the latter would be a bit of an issue once the weather warms up .... quite a bit of sidewalk running to the trailhead).