Best place you have ever stayed?

Carman

6 minutes ago, Roger said:

Curious has anyone had the pleasure of staying at Chalets et Spa Lac Saint-Jean  http://chaletsetspa.com/  or Auberge des iles  https://www.aubergedesiles.com/en/

They both seem to be very nice places (with Spa like accommodations) around Lac Saint Jean. 

Stayed at chalets et spa a couple weeks ago,  beautiful place, the outdoor hot tub was nice.  We were there on a Sunday,  so we had the place to ourselves.  Play hard suggested it a few years ago, and he was spot on.  Supper is a fondue, and breakfast is a help yourself situation,  they cook the eggs, you grab the rest.    

Yep. Chambord has modern cottages with multi bedrooms.

And bar-resto & outdoor pools & sauna are a few steps from your front door.

Right on the trail that shortcuts the southwest corner of the lake to Roberval. 

9 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Yep. Chambord has modern cottages with multi bedrooms.

And bar-resto & outdoor pools & sauna are a few steps from your front door.

Right on the trail that shortcuts the southwest corner of the lake to Roberval. 

Wife and I stayed there a few weeks ago. Real nice place, hot tubs,good food and right on trail. We stayed in one of the condo like units , very nice. I would go back for sure !

Hotel Tamarac when Carol and Alain were  running it, outstanding food and 1st class people. I really miss the place. I prefer home like places not the big fancy ones, mingling with the owners and guests is always the most fun memories for me. Pourvoirie Windigo, Club Gatineau and Lac Faillon (when Peter owned it) are all nice.

I think everyone has different ideas on what makes great lodging.  Personally, we have no interest in spas or hot tubs.  We like friendly owners and staff, clean, reasonable rates, a restaurant and bar at the hotel.

For me, the first place I ever stayed in Quebec was Real Masse.  I have stayed there many times over the years with my wife, brother, nephew, father, and friends.  Gille and Nancy are the best.

After our Gaspesie trip this last week, I have to say Hotel Grande Vallee  is also high on my list.  We stayed in a suite with two bedrooms, great modern bathroom, and a small kitchenette with a great view of the bay for $125cdn.

We used Hotel Universal in RDL as our home base for this trip, first time we'd stayed there.  I think it's probably a great place, but the truck/trailer lot was full when we arrived after our 12 hour drive, we didn't realize that you need reservations at one of the two restaurants so no food (we walked up to a Dixie Lee restaurant - ugh), and the place was packed with people and kids everywhere running up and down the halls.  Just too busy for us, won't stay there again.  

Of course, when in Abitibi Temiscamingue, hotel La Bannik can't be beat.

On 3/8/2019 at 1:17 PM, Carman said:

What is it called and where is it located? How is the food; 5 star dining?

Food & bar & staff are great. 

Chalets et Spa Lac St-Jean

96 Chemin du Parc-Municipal, Chambord, QC G0W 1G0

(418) 342-1111

www.chaletsetspa.com

19 hours ago, SRSchang said:

We used Hotel Universal in RDL as our home base for this trip, first time we'd stayed there.  I think it's probably a great place, but the truck/trailer lot was full when we arrived after our 12 hour drive, we didn't realize that you need reservations at one of the two restaurants so no food (we walked up to a Dixie Lee restaurant - ugh), and the place was packed with people and kids everywhere running up and down the halls.  Just too busy for us, won't stay there again.  

Of course, when in Abitibi Temiscamingue, hotel La Bannik can't be beat.

Sounds similar to our Hotel Universal -  RDL experience last year, except we had reservations for everything...it’s on my list of “no go’s”.  I totally agree, I would much prefer a “Bush Lodge/Outfitter” vs a big Hotel in town - I hate sidewalks, LOL.

Hot Tubs and Suanas are a huge plus at the end of a long day, but the people often times make the place.  Good people/owners can make a shit hole great and they can make a 5 Star place a “ No Go” for sure. 

We just got home from Ravage, the place is impressive for sure and we had the place practically to ourselves! 

Think Snow

9A52D692-CFCB-4364-ADF6-6C1D81502452.jpeg

Edited by snowpromod

46 minutes ago, mcstar said:

The tubs are a great idea!

X2 , I've seen people at Real Masse using them to hump their gear from the parking lot. But to have them supplied and hanging in place you can't beat that !