900Ace Turbo owners thoughts?

Pipeman

Just looking for opinions from owners of this sled and how it compares to anything else they have ridden especially the 850. If you had a tune done to it that would be great to hear your thoughts as well. Thank you

I have a Grand Touring I am not sure if it applies to what you are looking for. My last machine was a Grand Touring 1200.

I am very happy with it. It feels lighter more nimble. It has more pep. It runs stronger, quicker than the 1200. I had a 2100 mile trip with it and averaged 15 mpg being loaded with all our stuff.

When you hit the flipper to the bar it makes boost fast.

We rented one (900t) when "Spare Parts" turned into the "Crispy Critter" . After taking it for 20 miles I really liked it. I felt it was very similar in power delivery as my 1200, but way more nimble\lighter feeling. 

Reeeeaally liked it!

No it is no 850. No looking for oil, no worrying about gas quality, no smell (Yes etec still smell), No Break In Period.

LOL

GutZ

1 hour ago, GT Rider said:

I have a Grand Touring I am not sure if it applies to what you are looking for. My last machine was a Grand Touring 1200.

I am very happy with it. It feels lighter more nimble. It has more pep. It runs stronger, quicker than the 1200. I had a 2100 mile trip with it and averaged 15 mpg being loaded with all our stuff.

When you hit the flipper to the bar it makes boost fast.

Just curious, did you see any difference in fuel mileage with the 900T verses e 1200?  I am playing with the idea of up grading.

I have rode quite a few days this winter with a friend who has a 900T Renegade X. His mileage meter usually says 18-19 on most days. A couple times he even beat my mileage on my 900na ACE (when the going is a little tougher, such as soft chewed up trails).. He is a fairly fast rider. Has about 3,000 miles and no problems.  I have driven it a couple times and it goes nice but I felt the ITC throttle was way too touchy to use in sport mode. Standard mode felt fine. He came from a 1200 Rene X and likes this sled a lot more.

mike

45 minutes ago, smclelan said:

Just curious, did you see any difference in fuel mileage with the 900T verses e 1200?  I am playing with the idea of up grading.

I have to get back to you on that. I have some notes at home. I think its fairly close. I carry a lot of stuff and we are 2 on our machines.

I bought a 900T Renegade X this year and came from a 2012 Renegade 1200 with just shy of 17,000 miles

I have to say jumping on my buddies 2015 Renegade 1200 felt more at home, my new buggy just doesn't corner or carve the twisties as my old machine

I have done lots of tinkering from pulling in the limiter 2 holes heavy torsion springs on the rear, backed off the front spring on the skid and still lifting a ski 

New machine is better on fuel, if he uses 37L i would be 32L Very good machine, love the power and maybe get a flash for a little more top end 

Both machines run pretty close just on top end mine pulls away but not as much as I would have liked LOL  

13 hours ago, mikerider said:

I have rode quite a few days this winter with a friend who has a 900T Renegade X. His mileage meter usually says 18-19 on most days. A couple times he even beat my mileage on my 900na ACE (when the going is a little tougher, such as soft chewed up trails).. He is a fairly fast rider. Has about 3,000 miles and no problems.  I have driven it a couple times and it goes nice but I felt the ITC throttle was way too touchy to use in sport mode. Standard mode felt fine. He came from a 1200 Rene X and likes this sled a lot more.

mike

How did it handle compared to yours Mike?

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 9:05 AM, Pipeman said:

Just looking for opinions from owners of this sled and how it compares to anything else they have ridden especially the 850. If you had a tune done to it that would be great to hear your thoughts as well. Thank you

Pipeman, I have been reading your threads over at DooTalk also. I am seriously considering a switch to the 900T. There are some 2019 leftovers around here, trying to find out what if any differences there are in 2020.

Nice to read the 900T is pulling closer to the 850. The issue I would have or had on my 1200 4-Tec is the ITC Integrated Throttle Control Technology. When in Sport mode which I prefer When ripping through a wash,  control of the flapper  gets out of  hand.. Twisting throttle body does help out. Although a worse experience with that design  was When ridding in blizzard like conditions the snow would pack behind the flapper in the hinge location cutting the response down to the ECO Mode. Recall  touring with NH Moose in one occasion  he is riding 990 Renegade and got off sled went back a couple sleds to ask his experience. Then I noticed he runs hand muffs. Thus no worries.  I don't know..  ?

Luvin my  18 ' Back country with 7800 miles. Don't care if she blows it is all Fun factor getting there !!

I'm super happy with the 900T. Definitely lighter in the front end then my 1200. Plenty of power even at 60-70 MPH hit the throttle and there is still more unlike the 1200. My only complaint is the ITC throttle. Not much of an issue on open trails. In really tight twisties it's really twitchy and tuff to keep a steady pace and that's in standard mode. I'm running the 6.9 pilots and still trying to figure out the right carbides. Shapers don't work in the center. Putting 6" round bars in the center and the shapers on the outside per recommendation from Dootalk. Will try it out in 2 weeks. Can't comment on fuel mileage, have't checked. For saddlebagging in QC I think it's the perfect sled. Done with 2 strokes, lugging oil and worrying about when she blows 800 miles from your truck. Loved my 1200, put 20,000 miles on her, this sled just feels better!

Great feedback and I really appreciate it. Not sure what to order yet, I’ve had 1200’s , Cat turbos, and now a Polaris 850 which I thought I’d never go back to a 2 stroke but the light weight and 2stroke motor sure make for a playful sled! I had forgotten how fun they are, carrying oil as Jackstraw said “stinks” but not that bad. Was hoping the 900T would be more “fun” but all say their 850 Doo is more fun. Boosting the 900T will help but no warranty right after it.... still thinking 🤔 

Edited by Pipeman

20 hours ago, Snobeeler said:

Pipeman, I have been reading your threads over at DooTalk also. I am seriously considering a switch to the 900T. There are some 2019 leftovers around here, trying to find out what if any differences there are in 2020.

The only real change I see with a 2020 is the new all digital gauge.  There is a Ski Doo promotion currently that prices the leftover 2019’s pretty reasonable.  

2 hours ago, GSX800 said:

The only real change I see with a 2020 is the new all digital gauge.  There is a Ski Doo promotion currently that prices the leftover 2019’s pretty reasonable.  

At show last night Doo rep said only difference between 2019 and 2020 was colors and the digital gauge which GSX800 said. The promotion on 2019's now is 2 yr warranty and $700 rebate, which is not good enough in my opinion. Anybody get quotes on out the door prices on these 2019's?

15 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

I'm super happy with the 900T. Definitely lighter in the front end then my 1200. Plenty of power even at 60-70 MPH hit the throttle and there is still more unlike the 1200. My only complaint is the ITC throttle. Not much of an issue on open trails. In really tight twisties it's really twitchy and tuff to keep a steady pace and that's in standard mode. I'm running the 6.9 pilots and still trying to figure out the right carbides. Shapers don't work in the center. Putting 6" round bars in the center and the shapers on the outside per recommendation from Dootalk. Will try it out in 2 weeks. Can't comment on fuel mileage, have't checked. For saddlebagging in QC I think it's the perfect sled. Done with 2 strokes, lugging oil and worrying about when she blows 800 miles from your truck. Loved my 1200, put 20,000 miles on her, this sled just feels better!

Hey Jackstraw,

I run the 8" dooly and like the grip but my biggest improvement was putting the Bergstrom shim block under the spindles, WOW what a difference! as soon as the dooly's wear out I willo try their triple point. They make a 1 piece block now and fits perfectly!  

43 minutes ago, Snobeeler said:

At show last night Doo rep said only difference between 2019 and 2020 was colors and the digital gauge which GSX800 said. The promotion on 2019's now is 2 yr warranty and $700 rebate, which is not good enough in my opinion. Anybody get quotes on out the door prices on these 2019's?

Hey Snobeeler, FWIW, the 2019 promos only apply to "in season" sleds so if you found an XRS or X it wouldn't apply. I think more favorable to the $700 cast back on the 900s is the 0% for 60 months they added in March to the 900T promo. That 0% equates to $1700 savings in interest if conventional financing is needed. When 0% is offered, I'll always use someone else's money while mine works for me.

As for prices, I bought my GF a 2019 Blizzard 600R for $9,750 last month. I was comparing that to a 600R red Enduro at $10,700. Both those prices were with the $1500 cast back that's on the 600 vs. the 0%. There is a 900T red X with 1.6 and quick adjust listed at $13,888 near me. 

Doo really stuck it to New England dealers this year and made them take a lot of inventory. My dealer has nearly 50 sleds in stock and I see lots of other dealers with loads of stock. I'm wondering if Doo will help them by making the 2019 promo better in the later half of this month.

1 hour ago, Nickyskidoo said:

Hey Jackstraw,

I run the 8" dooly and like the grip but my biggest improvement was putting the Bergstrom shim block under the spindles, WOW what a difference! as soon as the dooly's wear out I willo try their triple point. They make a 1 piece block now and fits perfectly!  

I don't know how they will be on the Ski Doo, but if those Bergstrom triple points work as good as they did on my girlfriends Arctic Cat you will love them.  They improved the handling and they were extremely durable.  I would definitely recommend them.

9 hours ago, Nickyskidoo said:

Hey Jackstraw,

On the 5.7's or 6.9's?

1200 was a great motor and sled. Regular gas which is always the freshest as most cars use it. My concern is longevity. Is 900t going to last 15000 to 20000 miles or more like the 1200 has. Turbo spinning over 200,000 rpm has skidoo created a 4 stroke that has a limited life as certainly the 2 stroke 800 class sleds have. At 15 grand to only get 7or 9 thousand miles which is one or 2 seasons for Quebec riders is not good. Plus 900t needs premium fuel, not at every stop and not the freshest especially in very small towns. 

Last 1200 was 135hp 900 is 95hp so to stay close in power they have just the 600 2 stroke smoker. Don't feel skidoo considered the 1200 buyers when they dropped it for 900t

My opinion not sure what to do except keep enjoying my 1200 for now

16 minutes ago, poltodoo said:

1200 was a great motor and sled. Regular gas which is always the freshest as most cars use it. My concern is longevity. Is 900t going to last 15000 to 20000 miles or more like the 1200 has. Turbo spinning over 200,000 rpm has skidoo created a 4 stroke that has a limited life as certainly the 2 stroke 800 class sleds have. 

The last part that will fail on that motor is the Turbo. They are very reliable considering those RPM's