Hotel Sacacomie to Fairmont Le Manoir Richelieu

Carman

1st day of our saddle bag trip is Hotel Sacacomie to Fairmont Le Manoir Richelieu. Just wondering where is the best place to stop for lunch around the halfway mark? Is the Ice Hotel accessible by snowmobile? What is the best/fastest route to take; we like wide fast trails vs tight twisty?

I think that may be a long day.

Ice Hotel is at Val Cartier Tubing\Outdoor Park. We saw sleds at the gas station out front but no marked trails.

1/2 way is in the Quebec City Area if memory serves me. Lunch stop I'm not sure, Sorry.

I'm sure someone has a good route.

#3 from QC to LaMalbae.

Later

GutZ

Shortest way is 413 KM, but, that means taking TQ 23 E which is twisty.  If you're willing to add 35 KM, I'd backtrack a few miles on  TQ 23 W, then 350 S to Pouvoirie du Lac Blanc where you can catch 380 E, that's a bit twisty, but once you hit 63 E it's WOT for miles until TQ 3 E which is also WOT.  Then you take 381 E 2 good lunch stops on 381, the Microbrewery Presbeteie is a cool little place.  If you want to keep going I'd stop at Restaurant Morel Le Chivangy, gas right next to hotel.  Good food especially smoked meat sandwiches.  You'd then get onto TQ 3 basically all the way to The Fairmont.  My suggested route is a bit longer, but, likely faster.  Check out the FCMQ interactive map and look at both ways.  We rode all those trails in February.  I'd really try and avoid going through Quebec City on a weekend, TQ 3 can get really beat.  This is a very early start day and arrive fairly late, but, it can be done.  Good luck and keep us posted.

Fred

The map & app are correct, 378 is closed east of Baie St Paul.

Too bad we didn't look prior, and too bad the FERME sign is set back up over the plow drift.  :shok:

Add 20 miles for the trail 3 go around.

The clubhouse resto at the 3/378 BSP feeder trail has gas.

1 hour ago, PLAYHARD said:

The map & app are correct, 378 is closed east of Baie St Paul.

Too bad we didn't look prior, and too bad the FERME sign is set back up over the plow drift.  :shok:

Add 20 miles for the trail 3 go around.

The clubhouse resto at the 3/378 BSP feeder trail has gas.

It looks like 378 was just groomed, why is it closed? 

2 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

I see what you mean on the grooming. But click the red dot. Maybe call club #343 to confirm it's been opened?

Screenshot_20190319-031703.thumb.png.b878868cd2784be29b2bc7ed4bde79e1.png

Screenshot_20190319-032239.thumb.png.2730b5d3ce03ab84495d0025beef3758.png

The trail into Bae St Paul is a dead end now. Landowner doesn't want the trail on his property anymore. We where just there a few weeks ago.