Trail Conditions Temiscaming/Val-D'or/Rouyn

probill

Thinking of doing a loop next week of the above. Anyone in this area now and can report on how the grooming is and trail conditions? Trail maps indicate big gaps in days groomed on 63/309/303 and 83 south of Val D'or and Rouyn. Usually trails are groomed fairly well in the areas of Quebec I have been in but I have not been in this area of Quebec for almost 10 years. Could be a communication issue in the reporting of the grooming.  

thanks 

Doubtful there is any “communication issue” at all with the grooming. The interactive map and grooming data is pretty darn spot on.

this time of year grooming is winding down big time, as is traffic. They are not going to go groom trails just to burn diesel. I would be way more concerned about the weather than anything.

Weather is also looked at carefully by the clubs these days as spring approaches and their budget gets thinner. We are still grooming around here but they hold off grooming if rain is expected , or temperatures are not expected to drop or stay below freezing for a few days, which is exactly what is happening here. Tons of snow at the moment and a few days of warm and light rain then cooling off to below freezing on Saturday night and staying that way for most of next week. I would expect similar conditions and weather in the area you are interested in.

23 hours ago, probill said:

Thinking of doing a loop next week of the above. Anyone in this area now and can report on how the grooming is and trail conditions? Trail maps indicate big gaps in days groomed on 63/309/303 and 83 south of Val D'or and Rouyn. Usually trails are groomed fairly well in the areas of Quebec I have been in but I have not been in this area of Quebec for almost 10 years. Could be a communication issue in the reporting of the grooming.  

thanks 

Check/call snowwild.com-conditions online/Abitibi-Temiscamingue tourism + local club websites-lots of neige up there this year!