Chibaugamou Boogie

Je me souviens

Last Thursday morning Coyote and I left Sweet Baby St. Ray headed north to L'Anse St. Jean. Stayed at chalets sur le fjord, great meal at Chez Montagner.  250 miles by way of 23 368 383.  Bill's trail was in tip top shape.   

Friday we went east and crossed in Tadoussac had lunch at the white birch clubhouse in Les Escoumins. The Pelchat did not disappoint,  stopped at the chapple for a mandatory caffeine and chocolate fuel up at the zoo, a splash of fuel at Onatchaway and in for the night at Mont Vilain.   260 miles by way of 383 3 Pelchat 252 251 93 267 476 484.

Saturday morning we headed west to Milot, north to Lac Eden back south to Dolbeau and La Dore, ending at the Nordic in Chibaugamou.   The rally was in town that night,  lot of cool vintage sleds running around. We had a good meal at the Royal pub.  300 miles by way of 373 local 93

Sunday we headed west to Senneterre staying at Faillon.  The first 3 days had been hard packed fresh groomed,  things were about to change.   Once we got to Quevillon the snow started.   After lunch in Senneterre the trail had a few inches of fluff, by the time we arrived Faillon we had declared it a powder day.  Another great meal that night.   300 miles by way of 93 and 83.

Monday morning we woke up to a fluffy blanket of fresh powder covering our sleds.  The Coyote had the wisdom to hook up with the a couple guys from the Lake George area.  This turned out to be the greatest idea yet, turns out we are all headed to Kanawata for the night.  The open areas west of Clova were fun to play in after the Fire Chief, Coup and Coyote had plowed a path for my heavier 4 stroke.  250 miles by way of 83 345.

Tuesday morning we continued southeast back to the truck at the Roquemont.   We met the groomer just north of the Repos, perfect.  The only segment of the trip that concerned me with trail quality due to high traffic south of the Repos was fresh.  We parted ways with The Fire Chief and Coup at the intersection of 345 and 360.  It was a classic moment in the woods that I think will be remembered by all 4 of us for some time.   I enjoyed meeting fellow QR members and spending 2 days swapping stories about our shared passion for snowmobiling in Quebec.   250 miles by way of 345 360 M19 23 73

1627 miles was my final tally.

A few additional trip notes:

The new polaris indy 850 really hugs the trail, as a die hard Skidoo man it pains me to admit it

The owner of the faillon took his leaf blower to all the sleds in the yard so all guests started on a clean sled in the morning,  never had that experience before, it was nice to not have to deal with the powder on everything 1st thing in the AM

Breakfast at Montagner and Vilain does not start until 8, we deferred to the local snack bar so we could get an earlier start in ASJ. At vilain they sent us to our cabin with all the necessities to make ourselves an early breakfast in our cabin

Gas was 1.29/L at the mill, and 2.00/L in Desmaraisville

You can find gas at Lac Eden, head right around the lake and stop at the log cabin with the red tin roof.

They leave the radio on in the heated garage at the Nordic, like cows in the barn, the sleds were happy in the morning 

Mario gets a little testy if you want to eat after 7 but Celine's jokes make up for it.

Getting from the bottom of M19 back to St. Raymond is a PIA

20190309_101816.jpg

7 minutes ago, Je me souviens said:

The new polaris indy 850 really hugs the trail, as a die hard Skidoo man it pains me to admit it

The owner of the faillon took his leaf blower to all the sleds in the yard so all guests started on a clean sled in the morning,  never had that experience before, it was nice to not have to deal with the powder on everything 1st thing in the AM

Breakfast at Montagner and Vilain does not start until 8, we deferred to the local snack bar so we could get an earlier start in ASJ. At vilain they sent us to our cabin with all the necessities to make ourselves an early breakfast in our cabin

You can find gas at Lac Eden, head right around the lake and stop at the log cabin with the red tin roof.

They leave the radio on in the heated garage at the Nordic, like cows in the barn, the sleds were happy in the morning 

Mario gets a little testy if you want to eat after 7 but Celine's jokes make up for it.

20190309_101816.jpg

Next time take the 360 all the way to 23 and back to St Ray.

49 minutes ago, Je me souviens said:

20190309_101816.jpg

Thanks for report and pics.

Wife and I stayed at Vilain and didn't get out of breakfast until 10:30. I wish they gave us that option, nice of them !

A Happy sled in the morning is always a good thing. :)

Is Celine back at Kanawata ?? 

"Mario gets a little testy if you want to eat after 7" 

Hi George! You can say that again, how hard is it to pour canned cream of mushroom soup over boiled chicken breast w/rice. LOL

Great ride and Report! You guys were definitely boogying👍🍺

The rock wall is in a church that has been repurposed into a community center in the the town of St. Stanislas, between Milot and Girardville.  The place is called restaurant au Clocher.

http://st-stanislas.com/restaurant

20190309_091630.jpg

On 3/18/2019 at 10:13 AM, Je me souviens said:

The rock wall is in a church that has been repurposed into a community center in the the town of St. Stanislas, between Milot and Girardville.  The place is called restaurant au Clocher.

http://st-stanislas.com/restaurant

20190309_091630.jpg

St. stansilas isn't that near the old cabane a roger??

3 minutes ago, Trailblazer said:

St. stansilas isn't that near the old cabane a roger??

I think they're talking about Lac Saint Jean area but there is a town near Rogers cabin in the Maurice area that's similar or the same, just can't remember the name