Team Gutz???

182ray

Wow..Sledders have run into many things, but he may be the only one in the world that can say he t-boned a Black Hawk.

I'm sure he would rather be saying he almost hit one.I hope he has a speedy and complete recovery.

Camouflage color works good!  He probably never saw it especially if it was almost dark!

The flight crew are probably sitting inside the chopper on their phones when it happened not realizing they were even parked on a marked groomed trail with no lights on?  How else could you not see a Big ass chopper?

Wonder what the bill was for the expedited part delivery and the bush fix on the Black Hawk wing?  That guy has a helicopter flight of his own to pay for and now a helicopter repair bill also, ouch!  Hope he is ok at least!

How can a sled trail be going through an active helicopter LZ?  Seems like sonoe's got some 'xplainin' to do Lucy.  Poor guy, I mean WTF, your riding and all of a sudden there's a Black Hawk on the trail???  Of all the things I've heard and seen sledding this might be the top one....

I was thinking the same thing.  Why would they land a helicopter on a known trail that is shared with the airport. Could be a bad situation, unfortunately it will like end up causing the closure of that trail.  Snowmobilers loose again.

2 hours ago, fredsleds said:

How can a sled trail be going through an active helicopter LZ?  Seems like sonoe's got some 'xplainin' to do Lucy.  Poor guy, I mean WTF, your riding and all of a sudden there's a Black Hawk on the trail???  Of all the things I've heard and seen sledding this might be the top one....

Yeah, this one takes the cake. Bat shit crazy for sure. Can’t make this up.

On 3/15/2019 at 8:34 AM, 182ray said:

On 3/15/2019 at 8:34 AM, 182ray said:

Well that's pretty easy, they were flying too low. 😏 Ha ha ha