New Gas at La Martre

smclelan

Great news for Gaspesie riders. The small family gas station in La Martre closed a couple years back, that made for a long stretch on the north shore without easy gas access. Earlier this week when going by we stopped there just because the signs and even the map indicated gas was available.  There is an unattended public gas pump on the trail side of the road.  It is right about where you would have crossed the pavement to get to the old station.  The pump work with credit cards, I am not sure about debit.  Very slick, slip the card in, enter estimated $$$, pin number, select regular or premium, squeeze the noozle, too easy.  A very novel idea, could be the answer for small communities that can't support a regular gas station.  Sorry forgot to take a picture.

before leaving for st francois and st alexis....i asked a local at the clubhouse if there was a gas station 

he said there s a similar one in st francois with credit card

maybe , in a near futur...micro waves with credit card along the trail for grosse poutine extra fromage !!! ahahaha...😛

jean-guy

53 minutes ago, groomer said:

before leaving for st francois and st alexis....i asked a local at the clubhouse if there was a gas station 

he said there s a similar one in st francois with credit card

maybe , in a near futur...micro waves with credit card along the trail for grosse poutine extra fromage !!! ahahaha...😛

jean-guy

Yes that would only be topped a a rouge vin dispenser 🤪

2 hours ago, scorpionbowl said:

For sure if u figured it out, it's easy enough, and they've  had one of those in St Felix for a few years, old--timer...

Keep on subject....there is gas in La Martre now, this is not about age!!

46 minutes ago, 182ray said:

Yes that would only be topped a a rouge vin dispenser 🤪

hi ray !!!

hahahha...right answer....perfect stop on the trail !!!

i have nt received my poutine yet from the admisnitration ...we could use their credit card !!!!..ahahah

jean-guy

2 hours ago, groomer said:

hi ray !!!

hahahha...right answer....perfect stop on the trail !!!

i have nt received my poutine yet from the admisnitration ...we could use their credit card !!!!..ahahah

jean-guy

That is completely unacceptable that you haven’t received your poutine yet 

instead of discovering self service gas stations a certain “mod” should have been wining and dining the gaspesie’s premier trail surfacer operator 

😂

1 hour ago, 182ray said:

That is completely unacceptable that you haven’t received your poutine yet 

instead of discovering self service gas stations a certain “mod” should have been wining and dining the gaspesie’s premier trail surfacer operator 

😂

absolutely right !!!

no danseuses for the administration of this site for the season 19 / 20 in the gaspesie !!!

jean-guy

9 hours ago, smclelan said:

Grosse poutine with extra formage was ordered Thursday at the club. Flourette told me you already ate before coming.

i guess fleurette was confused...left home after breakfast ...stopped at dealership for the enduro  and picked up friends at the select hotel and vrooooooooooooommm to clubhouse !!!

colder today...-15c ...grey sky and windy 

jean-guy

1 hour ago, groomer said:

i guess fleurette was confused...left home after breakfast ...stopped at dealership for the enduro  and picked up friends at the select hotel and vrooooooooooooommm to clubhouse !!!

colder today...-15c ...grey sky and windy 

jean-guy

Sounds like someone was given fake news 😁

• 4 years later...

Pumps changed and system upgraded

Good news!

The La Martre petrol station is up and running with a brand new installation. The counter and pump have been replaced and are very easy to operate, and are even described as infallible! I used it yesterday and the instructions are simple and the service is fast!

Don't hesitate to use this local service, it's important to do things that help us to keep what we've got.

Let's encourage this initiative by our neighbours, who offer us this essential service.

Open from 6am to 10pm.

IMG_0880.jpeg

IMG_0879.jpeg

The unattended pumps were certianly a great bonus after the gas station closed. La Martre gas is a strategic location on the north shore.  The previous pumps did have challenges to understand directions (in french) but we never left without gas.  I enjoyed talking to the old guy across the road that used to own the gas station, he was a sledder.

Surprised there’s not more of these unattended pumps in rural Quebec . A slick setup. Like Steven said was always a bit tricky for the first guy to figure out the Cardlock procedure.

Last February we rolled in there mid day and there was a group of mostly older Yamahas at the pump. The cardlock system had a technical issue so no one was getting gas. We were heading west so had lots of fuel to get to Cap Chat. They were heading east and concerned about making it to Mont Louis. I offered them the gas l had in my caddy but they didn’t take it. Hopefully they made it.