The St Faustin / Tremblant trail

Cnc

Could the new bypass trail to reconnect Tremblant with St Faustin and points south be finally a done deal?, looks like it in the Dable et Rouge club FB post a few hrs ago.

EH OUI  FINALEMENT  NOUS L 'AVONS !

Aujourd'hui  le  19  mars  nous avons recu  toutes les autorisations nécessaires  pour  la réalisation du sentier de raccordement  de Mont Tremblant a  St Faustin Lac Carré 
Prochaine étape  soumission sur invitation  dans la semaine du 25  mars  … ouverture  des soumissions  la semaine du 22  avril  ….  ensuite  suivant  la température et la hauteur des eaux  dans le ruisseau clair  début des travaux 
A partir d aujourd'hui  19  mars  nous somme  en mode  réalisation…..  Bonne fin de saison.

They said today they received all the authorizations necessary to realize the connection trail from Tremblant to st Faustin, Lac Carre.

next step will be tenders by invitation on the 25th of March and opening them on April 22nd. Then following the temperature and water levels in the rivière Clair, the work starts. Today they are in realization mode.

I hope so as well, there has been so many set backs, and the club has over come each barrier one by one. As I understand it, authorization by the environment minister and all the hoops they put up to jump through as well as getting a deregulation from the ville de Tremblant of at least one of their bylaws were the last things blocking the way before Christmas. Looks like they have those problems solved.

• 10 months later...

Think again, the ministre du transport in all of thier wisdom seemed to over-look a couple of land owners right beside the trail when they did the study and it is blocked.... they put up signs which have the round red circle and slash through with both sleds and atv all the way along from mont blanc, all the way back to gauthiers pit on the 117 on the new trail...... Heard it was already past 3 million dollars of wasted infrastructure dough....

5 hours ago, turbonator said:

Think again, the ministre du transport in all of thier wisdom seemed to over-look a couple of land owners right beside the trail when they did the study and it is blocked.... they put up signs which have the round red circle and slash through with both sleds and atv all the way along from mont blanc, all the way back to gauthiers pit on the 117 on the new trail...... Heard it was already past 3 million dollars of wasted infrastructure dough....

Yeah a lot has happened since I posted that almost 11 months ago.

1 hour ago, sledfarmer said:

Is there any chance this will move ahead or is it dead in the water ?

Time will tell, I for one am not holding my breath. I see a long fight ahead. Those there against the snowmobilers know how to work the system. 

There was an advertisement on face book promoting snowmobile tourism in Quebec a few weeks ago. Just to give you an idea of the hate for our sport from some people , this guy started posting negative comments and kinda went off the deep end when others posted positive remarks about snowmobiles. I don’t know this guy nor does he have anything to do with the Tremblant issue and I am guessing he is not a Québécois or may not ever even been to Quebec. Here is one of his posts word for word.

“I've seen these things in action; you can't tell me that they are quiet because they are not - the wilderness alone is quiet, but how would you know?  
Horrible noise and stench; obviously a lot of fun for those selfish jerks bent on mindless destruction for their own entertainment.  However, without those devices they would be too lazy and to wimpy to go out there.  No, their overwheight arses must be driven around and they must impose themselves, only then it’s worth a while for them.“

19 minutes ago, Cnc said:

There was an advertisement on face book promoting snowmobile tourism in Quebec a few weeks ago. Just to give you an idea of the hate for our sport from some people , this guy started posting negative comments and kinda went off the deep end when others posted positive remarks about snowmobiles. I don’t know this guy nor does he have anything to do with the Tremblant issue and I am guessing he is not a Québécois or may not ever even been to Quebec. Here is one of his posts word for word.

“I've seen these things in action; you can't tell me that they are quiet because they are not - the wilderness alone is quiet, but how would you know?  
Horrible noise and stench; obviously a lot of fun for those selfish jerks bent on mindless destruction for their own entertainment.  However, without those devices they would be too lazy and to wimpy to go out there.  No, their overwheight arses must be driven around and they must impose themselves, only then it’s worth a while for them.“

WOW ! sounds like my Man needs some coloring books, and maybe a Puppy

10 hours ago, Pipemaster said:

WOW ! sounds like my Man needs some coloring books, and maybe a Puppy

every community has one person who is known for being against everything....this guy needs a little help....but by the looks of it he is probably beyond repair.  You know what they say about arguing with an idiot...by- standers might not know who the idiot is.

10 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Kinda nailed my arse

Too funny as I was thinking the same. 

Yeah, I am not snowshoeing to Chibougamau any time soon. 

Canada has Snowflakes too. 

2 hours ago, iceman said:

Too funny as I was thinking the same. 

Yeah, I am not snowshoeing to Chibougamau any time soon. 

Canada has Snowflakes too. 

Not all snowflakes can be groomed.