Gaspe

gowser

If you’re thinking about coming better get here soon unless you just want to ride the interior.

5 east out of Rimouski won’t take much more...hilltops getting scorched. No issues up over the top to Amqu, pointe a la croix over to new Richmond, perce etc.

Trails were great all the way round save for about 30km around chandler.

5250EB5F-99A5-449A-9998-1A10229C004B.jpeg

5 hours ago, Miles long said:

I’m heading up on the 26th ,had planned on starting a loop out of Rimouski, would you suggest starting from elsewhere?

Keep an eye on the weather... supposed to storm tomorrow / Sat. If it’s more snow than rain you will be fine but I’d suggest starting from L’empress if you are bagging for a few days. If your day looping you may want to consider Amqui as you can ride in a different direction for multiple days. 

Hotel Rimouski is on the map but there is no snow to get in and out on.

On 3/21/2019 at 6:13 PM, Miles long said:

There will be 4 of us .we were planning on a 5 day loop, also hoping they get the 12” of snow this weekend that forecast.

Appreciate any and all advice in advance !

Easily done in 4 days so modify as you wish. Rimouski to Baie Blue, Baie bluecto Perce. Stay / eat at table du Roland. Perce to hotel Cie .... 400k day but easily doable on 5. About 40k shorter if you run 597 through Murdochville. Maybe 1212 or elsewhere from Cie then back to l’empress

Note there is no gas in Perce so don’t roll in on fumes. 

7DF310BA-BC1B-4FA3-9063-963BE0341266.png

12B8D576-52FB-42F5-985F-F0CEB63B921D.png

Thank you for the advice, definitely going to start out from L’empress and then down to the Baie Bleue, it’ll be my first time stopping at either establishments! Table A Roland is a must stop in my book! We’ll probably pass on Hotel Cie and stop at Chez Mamie for a Lobster Roll before heading to St. Octave -de- Avenir for dinner and a good nights rest after a 400 km day. Thank you once again!

Edited by Miles long

11 hours ago, Miles long said:

Thank you for the advice, definitely going to start out from L’empress and then down to the Baie Bleue, it’ll be my first time stopping at either establishments! Table A Roland is a must stop in my book! We’ll probably pass on Hotel Cie and stop at Chez Mamie for a Lobster Roll before heading to St. Octave -de- Avenir for dinner and a good nights rest after a 400 km day. Thank you once again!

Enjoy

lobster sandwich or lobster club .... decisions at Mamie

safe travel

fyi ... local clubhouse by Baie Blue ....literally 2 minutes away has $4 pints not that anyone needs one after a good ride😁