Live pic from LeCabanon this a.m.

snowmaster2112

You don't have to go too far north to find snow cover!  I'm only a 20 minute drive north of the Masson-Cumberland ferry, and this is what our place looks like at 9:30 this morning ... at a whopping -9 degrees C.!

IMG_20190323_091423_hdr.jpg

IMG_20190323_091351.jpg

Edited by Gullyrider

13 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Got up here late last night. 31 sleds in the coral and 30 out of 58 rooms full. Heading north today for two days at the camp.

64B4CC71-5A26-4537-8BB6-988DD1E0E873.jpeg

I regret a bit to had stayed home today but I had prefered to wait a day hoping for better grooming... from what I seen today I will try to start directly from home tomorroy morning... 

Hoping you have a blast  for your season ender...or one of your season ender!!! 

Got home for dinner last night. Our season ender turned out to be one of the best two day mini tours ever. Left LeCabanon after a quick breakfast Saturday morning and headed out towards the Repos. Even though the trails were not groomed Friday night they were still in great shape with no rocks anywhere and just a few small bumps here and there. Once past the bridge it was still looking like mid winter conditions. The fact that it was brilliant blue sky and temps in the high 20’s  was just icing on the cake. Got to Repos around 11 a.m. and place was already getting crowded from the st Michele people. Got gas and back tracked to the Giraldo dam for our big lunch break of subs and refreshments that we had brought with us. What a beautiful spot on a day like it was. Other groups hanging at the little bridge there too. Finished there and headed to the camp via 345/M20/M21 and as usual fantastic trail all the way there. Got in and setup early and toasted to a great day. Actually both in bed at the cabin before completely dark...LOL

didnt get too many actual trail pics but here this one 345/M20 intersection Saturday morning 

28165AB7-AD1A-40B4-B5C4-DFF19BD41ECB.jpeg

Sunday morning we awoke to more beautiful blue sky day. Had a great cabin breakfast and hand fed the jays outside. Took a nice tour around the Lac Chapeau da Paille near the shoreline as well as a couple 6 mile laps around the Formula 1 track. Headed off towards Matawin via M/21 & M20. Had a great lunch at Marineau and restocked at the depaneur. Back down the M20 to 360 intersection where we had a nice long extended break with some great Ontario folk. Then the surprise of the whole season on the run from there on 360 back towards St Zenon 345 intersections. It was 36 km of pure groomed perfection and like mid winter conditions. Buddy and I made super quick run and never saw anyone. The type of run you just want to do over and over again. Headed back to the camp early and more low speed laps of the lake in a sweatshirt and baseball hat. 

83ACD144-792E-4BE0-BCBC-071272B0FBFD.jpeg

Awoke yesterday morning (Monday) at the camp , had breakfast, cleaned up and headed the 75 miles back to the truck at LeCabanon 

had a GREAT 2.25 day Season ender BLAST that my buddy and I agree would be nearly impossible to beat again. 407 miles of smiles 

here my buddy resting at the camp. He actually got a light sunburn. Everyone have a great summer and see ya on the trail next season !!

12836148-79D8-4F83-87E4-82BD6BCD0777.jpeg

I was knowing you would had a blast!!! hoping the black trail travel up there/from there wasn't too hard...

the wet snow storm forecasted for last friday never happened but just enough snow there to put a bit of cream on the cake.

Thank you for the good report and take care!

7 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Then the surprise of the whole season...km of pure groomed perfection and like mid winter conditions...The type of run you just want to do over and over again

Congrats! 

Great memories to (hopefully) make the off-seasons easier to bear!