SkiDoo Saddlebag Setups

Snobeeler

Hi all, Making the switch from Poo to Skidoo Renegade Enduro 900T next season. I have seen many setups for carrying luggage. Probably will not carry gas as this has never been much of a issue in the past for us. I like the idea of everything in 1 bag. Needs to be completely waterproof. The 2020 catalog shows a "New" LINQ Cargo Box 62 L part # 860201634 that fits Rev Gen4 137" and up. I saw GTRider has this stock on his touring sled. Cant tell from his pictures what it would look like on a single seat sled. His is 2-up. Thoughts welcome and if anyone has pictures of their setup would appreciate. Thanks

Capture.JPG

Edited by Snobeeler

3 hours ago, Snobeeler said:

Hi all, Making the switch from Poo to Skidoo Renegade Enduro 900T next season. I have seen many setups for carrying luggage. Probably will not carry gas as this has never been much of a issue in the past for us. I like the idea of everything in 1 bag. Needs to be completely waterproof. The 2020 catalog shows a "New" LINQ Cargo Box 62 L part # 860201634 that fits Rev Gen4 137" and up. I saw GTRider has this stock on his touring sled. Cant tell from his pictures what it would look like on a single seat sled. His is 2-up. Thoughts welcome and if anyone has pictures of their setup would appreciate. Thanks

Capture.JPG

Big and bulky. Had one and returned it.

Id suggest the Linq Q combo seat bag and either the sport tunnel bags which hold more than one would think or the Sr 21 tunnel bag

We have 4 of the sport bags and 2 seat bags for our sleds.

Thats plenty for a week or more for us on the move.

Just now, Cobra said:

I’m using this configuration for the bag tours next season.

E9C49D97-7589-420A-996E-97ACC9CA7D3B.jpeg

Lordy you are ready to go now. LOL   I like your sled lift - mover. Is that home made or factory made?  Thanks

12 minutes ago, Shore1066 said:

Lordy you are ready to go now. LOL   I like your sled lift - mover. Is that home made or factory made?  Thanks

Actually that was made by a guy that I found at our local snowmobile show. It also comes with bigger rubber wheels for gravel and grass. I’ll post back the info on it.

Btw... just have to add Rouski ski wheels and I’m all set!!!! 😂 

10 hours ago, Snobeeler said:

Capture.JPG

I am thinking of going to a 900T next season and was thinking the same bag. It is a little pricey but I like the ease of having everything in one bag. I have been using a trunk bag and saddle bags on trips over 5 days the last number of years, a pain in the ass lugging two bags in and out of the hotel...along with everything else you end up carrying.  With one big bag a person may get everything to the room in one trip.

12 hours ago, smclelan said:

I am thinking of going to a 900T next season and was thinking the same bag. It is a little pricey but I like the ease of having everything in one bag. I have been using a trunk bag and saddle bags on trips over 5 days the last number of years, a pain in the ass lugging two bags in and out of the hotel...along with everything else you end up carrying.  With one big bag a person may get everything to the room in one trip.

Exactly my thoughts.

19 hours ago, DareDog said:

guy in group has 137" Renegade and with that bag. he really likes it.

IMG_0219%202_zpshplo5isf.jpg

Thanks Daredog. Do you have any pictures of this from the side? Also whats on top of it, Oil buddy? Can the Cargo Top be opened with that left on top?

Edited by Snobeeler

19 hours ago, gowser said:

Big and bulky. Had one and returned it.

Id suggest the Linq Q combo seat bag and either the sport tunnel bags which hold more than one would think or the Sr 21 tunnel bag

We have 4 of the sport bags and 2 seat bags for our sleds.

Thats plenty for a week or more for us on the move.

Thanks Gowser, Does the Combo Seat Bag detach easy to carry in? Looks like you could also use the LINQ Adventure Tunnel bag with Combo Seat bag also. 

Edited by Snobeeler

23 hours ago, Snobeeler said:

Capture.JPG

First Farmer Old switches to Doo now you? What's going on in western NYS??? lol

We are also upgrading to gen4 chassis next year. I have an old set of Katahdin saddlebags ( no longer available) and the skidoo 40L tunnel bag. That set up works good for me, saddlebags over shoulder, tunnel bag has nice handle.

Her sled I'm considering changing. She also has the 40L tunnel bag. When her old skidoo saddlebags gave up the ghost we replaced them with the 45L combo bag. Nice bag but not convenient to attach or carry. I've heard good things about the 62L trunk, but not sure if it could replace her total 85L of present storage space.  I  was considering the 80L tunnel bag from skidoo. Has anyone seen or have 1st hand info on this bag. When ever we change bags I always go back to my canoeing roots and think how well a boundary ( waterproof rollup bag) would do. I've seen some guys going this route.

Any input appreciated 

6 hours ago, jak said:

I have a used cargo box ($304 new) if your interested. I added a handle and and a small trunk bag to it as well. Not saddle bagging much anymore. I'm about 90 min. from you.

Thanks JAK,  can you send me a picture of it? Might be interested in buying from you. The cargo box now has a bag that fits inside so you can carry the bag in at night.

Edited by Snobeeler

Both myself and a friend have the 62L cargo box. They come with the linq kit and have a rubber gasket around the opening to keep snow and water out. We attached a canoe strap handle to them so we can carry them into a motel with one hand like a suitcase. They work great and we are very happy with them. Will be getting one for the wife next year so she can carry her own hair stuff.😜

I mounted a bracket from Up North Technologies to my 62L box so that I could add a 21L bag to my luggage.

The Luggage and saddle bags that came on my 2013 GT were larger than the new ones for the 2019 GT. I could not fit my shovel and saw in the new small saddle bags.

I had a receiver mount box made.

I wish Ski Doo would not have down sized the luggage. End of gripe. Love the new turbo.