Where am I?

scorpionbowl

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scooby-Raid?

Nope. In years past there were about 5-6 of these at Scobby Raid every weekend but I haven't seen them there in the past 3-4 years. One year one of the owner's took us for a ride in it. They had a flat head 6 cylinder Plymouth motor and a 3 speed standard transmission in them. The one we rode in was built in 1954. By the time he shifted from 1st gear and into 2nd it had about stopped. A lot of rolling resistance on those babies in the snow. We were gone with him for about an hour.

over by the fishing village? it's like the back way in.

These guys are parked on 368 on the way to La Baie, down past the Cheese factory. not too many folks from the US go down this way.

over by the fishing village? it's like the back way in.

Don

I guess you might say it's the back way in. 368 ends as you come down on Baie des Ha! Ha!. Just before you get to the Baie, you go past a cheese plant, Boivin. Thgis past winte they were putting an addition on it. I believe it will be for an evaporator becasuse of it's height. If you look at the map 368 makes two right angle turns just before the Saguenay River, after the 2nd right angle turn the map shows the trail crossing a road. At that road is where they are parked.

Bill

Have any of you stayed here or stopped for gas? This place had some of the best home cooked meals I have ever had on the trail.

Pourvoirie Haltaparche on 83 near Parent.I stopped for a meal once.That place was closed last winter.

Inside flirting with the waitress at Auberge 31??

Me flirt with a 20 year old? Hell I'm old enough to be her Grand Daddy. Besides, my wife and I will be married 50 years next April. Wish I was 25 again. Oh hell no then I'd have to work and some other guy would be sleddin all winter up in "Paradise" on my Social Security money. You young guys keep up the good work for this old man.