Where am I?

scorpionbowl

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pourvoirie Haltaparche on 83 near Parent.I stopped for a meal once.That place was closed last winter.

Your right on.

Nice spot the owners were getting older, I think this was why they were closed.

Some of these remote places are going to find it hard to buy the fuel for the generators this upcoming winter. A huge difference from last winter.

Have any of you stayed here or stopped for gas? This place had some of the best home cooked meals I have ever had on the trail.

it's a shame that place closed up. guess the old folks finally called it quits. we used to ride over there from casey. the food was indeed good. my favourite feature at Haltaparche was the gas pumps!!! ha.

the best thing about the place was that it was always "open". if you blew in there at 2 in the morning needing gas, the old boy would come out, f ire up the generator and pump you gas. was a great service as there was not much opportunity for gas in that neighborhood.

South of Amqui?

hi doobraap !!

south-east , this is on tq 5 where i turn around at the st fidele cable bridge , let say halfway between home and cross point .this is on the east side of the cable bridge (looking toward cross point ) and the warming shack is on my left side , behind me .

groomer !!!

Groomer you are correct. Give the man a cigar. Got to ask how you knew that. I guess you don't spend all your time on "The Groomer".

hi saguenay bill !!!

i ve been there back in 96 while working for challenge kanada .my job was to find trails ,roads ,lakes, rivers, etc ,something to do a race course ( off the trail ).so we '' landed '' at that place .went back to clermont ,then back up 20 miles north beside that power line .turned east for tadoussac for 35 miles .

it has been probably the greatest 35 miles '' off the trail '' i ever done .wow !!! jumping from a lake to another .almost no trails and roads.

just a few miles north of clermont ,there s a huge ''drop '' in the power line .i went down that drop .just beside the trail .

groomer !!!

That doesn't look like Auberge du KM 31, to me.

I've seen those rocks before...my best guess is on 83 outside of Relais 22.

The rocks are on 355 about 1/2 way between La Tuque and Roberval. The picture doesn't do the size of the rocks any justice, they are big. I have to wonder how they got them stacked up there like that. Pretty cool though

Your right on.

Nice spot the owners were getting older, I think this was why they were closed.

Some of these remote places are going to find it hard to buy the fuel for the generators this upcoming winter. A huge difference from last winter.

I don't even want to think how expensive the gas will be in those remote areas next winter

ouch!!!!