20 000 miles 900 turbo!!!

towing

A dealer of Dolbeau post this yesterday...

jamison_zpsvqde7zit.jpg

Congratulations to our loyal customer for more than 20 years in New York State, Mr. Jamison who has reached 20,000 miles (32187km) in one season with his Enduro 900 Turbo

We were the 1st april, no odometer pics... looks like a joke at first. 20 000 miles already done since the beginning of the season! it's some serious milage!!!

But with a bit of search the odometer pop up and this name really seems to link with an high miler guy... seems credible.

Can't believe nobody know him on here???

from the post on FaceBook the dealer post this in answer to a disbeleiver poster:

Chris Kline: I am sitting with him with right now in my office. I sell him a new sled every year. To answer your question he rode 96 days with an average of 211 miles a day. He used 4,367 liters of fuel. So doubt away. I have seen his sleds with 17,000 miles plus in prior years.

Edited by towing

I have seen this guys name in various clubhouse books many times over the years. What I find most ironic is that I have never run into him somewhere. Possibly we were at the same place at the same time and I didn’t know it. I would love to shake the guys hand and buy him a beer, coffee or whatever he’s into. He probably would request an energy drink...LOL I thought the guy was from Pennsylvania but here it says NY.  I truly love snowmobiling more than anything in the world but question how I would feel if I had this guys time, energy, money and stamina to do what he does. Would I even do it....I’ll probably never know. I say Godspeed to Jim Jamison and hope to meet you someday.

7 hours ago, Cnc said:

Amazing, 96 days that translates for example to 6 days in December and every day in January February and March, he must not have a wife or a job.

He has a wife and she rode 11,000 miles with him this year.

A friend of Jim has been posting updates all winter on Dootalk.

His wife recently also posted, she rode 9,400 miles with Jim this winter on her 900NA. I think she is 72 years old.

Helps me explain to my 49 year old wife what her retirement looks like.😄

In the late 80's. early 90's, I used to go with friends to a Polaris dealer in PA, and that's when I first heard of Jim Jamison and his trips to Canada and that inspired us to try Quebec in 89! So he must of been a Polaris guy back then. About 5 year's ago I bumped into him at La Verandre,  he had a SD 1200, he was meeting up with others to ride with them on a tour. I always wondered how a guy like him and his Quebec mileage is not on this site!  I am sure Suaganay Bill has met him.

I stand corrected, my comment was a bit tongue in cheek. Hats off to him and his wife. My wife used to ride all the time with me, but not really interested in riding her own sled anymore. She may hold the record for the least miles on a “99” Polaris XC. 

Loosely from Dec-1 to April 1 is 121 days, or 17 weeks of riding.  6 days on and 1 day off would give 100 days of riding at an average of 200 miles per day.  I estimate very close to $20K in travel expenses, another $10K in depreciation, sled maintenance, insurance and registrations.  Expensive year.

Edited by markusvt

38 minutes ago, markusvt said:

Loosely from Dec-1 to April 1 is 121 days, or 17 weeks of riding.  6 days on and 1 day off would give 100 days of riding at an average of 200 miles per day.  I estimate very close to $20K in travel expenses, another $10K in depreciation, sled maintenance, insurance and registrations.  Expensive year.

Meanwhile he must be maintaining a home somewhere, heating it, clearing the driveway,  paying the bills, checking the mail, getting rid of the trash, keeping appointments, family obligations, ... not my idea of fun.

52 minutes ago, markusvt said:

Yeah he blows the “snowmobiling ain’t cheap” saying right out of the parking lot. There are still other hobbies/pastimes that are ridiculously expensive and nowhere near the fun of touring on a snowmobile IMO

56 minutes ago, easyrider said:

markusvt said: from Dec-1 to April 1 is 121 days, or 17 weeks of riding.  6 days on and 1 day off would give 100 days of riding at an average of 200 miles per day.  I estimate very close to $20K in travel expenses, another $10K in depreciation, sled maintenance, insurance and registrations.  Expensive year.

Meanwhile he must be maintaining a home somewhere, heating it, clearing the driveway,  paying the bills, checking the mail, getting rid of the trash, keeping appointments, family obligations, ... not my idea of fun.

For sure impressive mileage will lead to very impressive expenses, it's a fact. You know many people outside snowmobile world would tell the exact samething when looking at your own sledding bill that you tell when looking at his!!!

But each own situation is very different and personnaly, I admire those that fully follow their passions and push the boundaries of what we would think possible... even if my own situation is different and it would not be my goal. I Like in the expression "they don't know it was impossible... so they did it!!!"

like smclelan wrote, imagine the sledding knowledge this guy have! 

2 hours ago, markusvt said:

121 days of riding.  I would need a Go Fund Me page for just the bar bill.

3 hours ago, markusvt said:

I have never found snowmobiling to be a sport for saving money!!!

30 minutes ago, markusvt said:

True, but 20K miles and $30K in one year loss sets a new standard for most I would think.

Something tells me he can probably afford it. Heard his next goal was to see how much fuel you can burn in a summer season on a formula Fastech

2 hours ago, markusvt said:

True, but 20K miles and $30K in one year loss sets a new standard for most I would think.

A drop in the bucket for a guy who probable sold his business for 10’s of millions. His yearly riding expenses are probable worth just one month of interest.

Toodles to the guys success and happiness.

6 hours ago, smclelan said:

Wow! This guy is a monster sledder. It would be great to have someone with his experience on Quebec Rider. 

I sent a pm on Doo Talk to Jim’s wife Melissa asking them to consider posting here 

We buy our sleds at the same dealer in PA that’s where I first met them I also saw them a few times this season at  The Delta 

and got to talk to them really nice down to earth people 👍