Skidoo Spindles

MrGutz

Hey GuyZ

I replaced the "Krispy Kritter" with a Skidoo XS 1200X. While doing a nut and bolt review of it last weekend, Long Hair and I noticed that the Right Side Spindle is bent (It looks like a beefy piece of Aluminum). Unless you are looking right at it with the correct one on No Hairs sled right next to you, you may not even notice. I thought it was odd since there appears to be no damage to the chassis and\repairs made to the Modules. I started googling and looking on DooTalk to see if this is a thing. 

Well it is, I guess there were so many complaints to Skidoo that as soon as you hit something at even a slow speed on your XP the S or E  Modules or Nun were wrecked.  Skidoo has supposedly moved the weakest point to the spindle. Most who have had bent spindles report no major crashes and no other damage. 

So check your spindles, you may have to look real hard at them, we noticed the ball joints were way out of wack first.

Normal:

Spindle2.thumb.JPG.7eb68950977a117dfaf35c58ec874b2e.JPG

Not Normal:

Spindle1.thumb.JPG.99edb49a7e118325d55f53d3d4ee5058.JPG

This may also cause your skis to bite on one side more than the other, as it drives the front of the ski down.

Hope this helps!

Later

GutZ

3 hours ago, easyrider said:
3 hours ago, SnomoGary said:

Wow !!   well spotted that man ....

Holy smokes, that sucker is bent! I would much rather bend that than a nun though. I have bent 2 nuns to date.

Still running a tweaked one now. 

It was hard to tell at first, the spindle looks Ok with the bend in it.

Only 2 bolts and 2 ball joints and pop another one in. Beats replacing a Nun and 100 Rivets\bolts.

GutZ