St Faustin Connector

Signfan

35 minutes ago, Signfan said:

Any updates on this link.  Will it be built for next season?

hi signfan !!!

there s a thread about that on the french forum ...but way too many replies ....

a reply from one of the guy who worked on that project ....

Hello
As promised for those who are interested ... .. Here are the latest news in the file of Route 117!
For your information I needed to have the OK to make the path of the authorizations of the following ministries and municipalities: THE MELCC .. THE MFFP ,, THE MTQ ,, THE MRC DES LAURENTIDES ,, THE CITY OF TREMBLANT ,, THE CCU DE TREMBLANT ,, THE MUNICIPALITY OF ST FAUSTIN LAKE CARRÉ ouf! as well as the acceptability of residents in the 30 meters!
As of today, March 19th, I received all the authorizations of the speakers and the resolutions and the OK from the Ministry of Transport (MTQ) for the realization of the project.

Here is the calendar: Invitation submissions by week of March 25th .... opening of tenders in the week of April 22 .... start of work as soon as the weather permits

Here I will follow up during the course of work!

jean-guy

st faus.jpg

Here is the latest from the club in charge of the project.

Basically what it says is the submissions were opened studied and awarded. Work will commence in the coming weeks and will be finished for the month of October 2019, ready for the 2019 2020 season following the contract agreement.

4A4007F8-076D-4E7B-B04C-5CDA58F72587.png

57 minutes ago, Trailblazer said:

Saw that on FB CNC, this going to be a good thing to the snowmobile industry and I can’t wait to try it out next season.

I can’t wait to try it out either JG, now if we could just get back the trail lost between here and the relais ( Fort West now ) and we would be back to 35 minutes to Tremblant.

10 hours ago, Cnc said:

I can’t wait to try it out either JG, now if we could just get back the trail lost between here and the relais ( Fort West now ) and we would be back to 35 minutes to Tremblant.

Would that be the old Relais Des Pins that turned into a paintball place?

4 hours ago, Trailblazer said:

Would that be the old Relais Des Pins that turned into a paintball place?

Yes, 10-15 min from my place on the old trail passing near Bark Lake. They still serve and try to cater to snowmobiles but not the same as the way the trail goes now they are no longer in a practical spot.

Yes I remember, trail started north by the Venison farm between Weir and Arundel while riding along side of the highway. 

From Pincourt to St.Jovite going up through that trail it was taking us just under 4 hours and a full tank of gas back then. 

My god I’m getting old. Lol

Edited by Trailblazer

5 hours ago, Trailblazer said:

Yes I remember, trail started north by the Venison farm between Weir and Arundel while riding along side of the highway. 

From Pincourt to St.Jovite going up through that trail it was taking us just under 4 hours and a full tank of gas back then. 

My god I’m getting old. Lol

That’s the one JG. Think you feel old, I was running that section up from the highway running north and past Barkmere on a 1971 Olympic before it was ever common to groom trails. From there it took a somewhat different route but went to Tremblant and down to St Faustin. Come to think of it, 2 inch suspension travel and Un-groomed trails no wonder I feel old!😁😁

Edited by Cnc

I believe the stopped that trail up by the saw mill the guy had in his back yard and not much chance to get back unless they change land owner,, but it was sweet and short, now just way out of the way..    I did some work with RB Gauthier ex. when there were down here working on house development at the whitlock golf  club.. hope it works out.

5 hours ago, grumpysanta said:

I believe the stopped that trail up by the saw mill the guy had in his back yard and not much chance to get back unless they change land owner,, but it was sweet and short, now just way out of the way..    I did some work with RB Gauthier ex. when there were down here working on house development at the whitlock golf  club.. hope it works out.

Grumpy I doubt the trail will ever pass there again. In the old days the owner was an avid snowmobiler as was most of us, not much chance of the land being sold, it probably just gets handed down. Lots of rumours but originally what I heard was a fight between the owner and the president of the now defunct St Agathe club was the main reason and they had been freinds. Last winter I had the opportunity to sit down with the owner of the Fort west paint ball park who just happened to have the unfortunate luck of buying the Relais des Pin and changing the name around the time of the closure. In discussing the lost trail and asking if he thought there was any chance of getting it open again, he said he had talks with the owner blocking the trail and the owners grand son even worked at Fort West last summer. Turns out that grand son narrowly missed being hit by a speeding snowmobile when he was younger and that prompted the closure. The family apparently has nothing  against snowmobiles and nothing against Fort West, they just never want snowmobiles passing on their land again. I guess that fits in with what I heard.