2020 Oxygen Helmet Availability

Signfan

On my last trip out I put on a third new shield. The first two were exchanged no questions asked through my dealer.  The third one worked well on the last trip, however that was early March and there were no temps colder then -10c. The third shield was a different part # then the first two, my dealer said he thought brp has the previous issues resolved. Time will tell, I hope so, they are an awesome helmet when the shield is clear.

20 hours ago, Pipemaster said:

I was told by my dealer last month that they"re only getting 6 helmets, all in WHITE !

They are going to be hard to get, I per-ordered one in March and was told it would be in in October, ordered it when I snow checked a 2020 sled, was told that was going to be the best way to get one, I tried one at the demo rides in New York, seems like a nice helmet.

Had 1 shield  replaced this winter and enjoyed it. I think in the warmer spring weather which I never got to enjoy that this might me too warm. I found I needed to run it on high to keep it clear which when was cold was fine. Yes some would crack it open a bit but I find that defeats some of the reason I want this helmet is because its so quiet.

Still really enjoyed it

I have mixed feelings because of the shield, however I am optimistic that is now resolved with the newest version Four big pluses with this helmet: huge visibility, very quiet, very lightwieght, and warm. The visor also works well and a user can quickly and easily switch from the dark shield to the yellow one in seconds on the trail when light conditions change.

This helmet certainly has my interest, field of vision and warmth it claims but based upon my own experiences riding with others who have invested I think I’ll stand down before the test pilots have completed their reports (complaints) and BRP has acted upon them before I invest. This helmet has got issues that are far too disappointing when out riding for days on end,

I hope they can pull it together for better results from you test pilots for the second season on the market. 

• 4 months later...

Getting mine soon. Previous helmet was a XL BVS2. So tried on a Oxygen XL and XXL both with thin balaclava. The XL was pretty tight, the XXL felt just right. The salesperson said they break in like a pair of sneakers and the XXL might get too loose so my question is did this seam to be the case with all of you? I am leaning toward wearing a balaclava all the time due to not wanting sweat in liner. Is it warm enough in -20f to ride without balaclava?

Edited by Snobeeler

2 hours ago, Snobeeler said:

Getting mine soon. Previous helmet was a XL BVS2. So tried on a Oxygen XL and XXL both with thin balaclava. The XL was pretty tight, the XXL felt just right. The salesperson said they break in like a pair of sneakers and the XXL might get too loose so my question is did this seam to be the case with all of you? I am leaning toward wearing a balaclava all the time due to not wanting sweat in liner. Is it warm enough in -20f to ride without balaclava?

Yes it is warm enough, but a dicky or neck sleeve type thing may be needed if air sneaks around the drape.

They do break in and they are adjustable and you can add or remove pads as needed.

Later

GutZ

10 hours ago, Snobeeler said:

They are a very warm helmet. I recommend sizing it with a thinner balaclava.  On super cold days pull the thicker one out....bet you won't need it often.

On 5/19/2019 at 9:37 PM, Trailblazer said:

This helmet certainly has my interest, field of vision and warmth it claims but based upon my own experiences riding with others who have invested I think I’ll stand down before the test pilots have completed their reports (complaints) and BRP has acted upon them before I invest. This helmet has got issues that are far too disappointing when out riding for days on end,

I hope they can pull it together for better results from you test pilots for the second season on the market. 

I 2nd Trailblazer.I am trying to limit my guinea pig days.

We have 8 oxygen helmets in our group, 3 visors failed in the early season. We ran a small bead of silicon on the inside at the edge of the two pieces of visor plastic. Never a failure since. The newest shield has a visibly wider seal between the panes at the sides of seal. I would highly recommend siliconing new or old visor to guarantee it stays together. Once the seal separates the helmet is all but unusable and can ruin a day or worst a trip. Our group has ordered 4 more for this season. Everyone loves the improved field of vision and the quiet operation. The only unanimous complaint is that the helmet can be too warm. Removing the ear pads helps a lot with temp management as it allows some fresh air from the lower vents to circulate around your head.    Hope this helps....

19 hours ago, kmkm said:

We have 8 oxygen helmets in our group, 3 visors failed in the early season. We ran a small bead of silicon on the inside at the edge of the two pieces of visor plastic. Never a failure since. The newest shield has a visibly wider seal between the panes at the sides of seal. I would highly recommend siliconing new or old visor to guarantee it stays together. Once the seal separates the helmet is all but unusable and can ruin a day or worst a trip. Our group has ordered 4 more for this season. Everyone loves the improved field of vision and the quiet operation. The only unanimous complaint is that the helmet can be too warm. Removing the ear pads helps a lot with temp management as it allows some fresh air from the lower vents to circulate around your head.    Hope this helps....

I cant wait to get one, but think I'd have troubles putting the caulking gun to a new $800 helmet.  Hopefully BRP has these issues corrected once and for all.