ATV trail questions

Triggerhappy

Took a ride last weekend.  Left marineaus in Trois Rives Saturday morning,  hit the repos, Lunic then on to Parent for the night.  Next morning we headed back to Marineaus by way of kanawata.  486 miles for the weekend.   

20190804_181536.jpg

Edited by Je me souviens

We did not get into the bunkers, I have heard about them and even found a video once, but I do not know how to access them.  If you told me where the entrance is I will check it out next time.   

Did you head up to pipmuacan yet?  I was looking forward to your ride report, including snacks....😀

On 8/5/2019 at 9:37 PM, Je me souviens said:

The truck at the top of 345 is still there.

20190804_102427.jpg

I remember this truck!  We stopped and talked about it.  Snowed in, appeared to have just been left there all winter.  Are you saying it hasn't moved since???

Thanks for the pic too...showed my riding buddies!

On 8/9/2019 at 7:44 PM, Je me souviens said:

We did not get into the bunkers, I have heard about them and even found a video once, but I do not know how to access them.  If you told me where the entrance is I will check it out next time.   

Did you head up to pipmuacan yet?  I was looking forward to your ride report, including snacks....😀

I might be able to locate one of the water tanks. Let me know.

What's this about the pipmuacan ride?  Would be a great ride if the trail was raptor friendly. 

The red rig does not appear to have moved

Trailblazer was talking about pulling off the Pipmuacan loop. 

I have to imagine that your raptor would fit nicely up to the Pip.  I believe the entire Pelchat trail is ATV friendly 

04611F41-D111-4D8D-ADB5-EA69C4214DFD.jpeg

On 8/11/2019 at 8:11 AM, Je me souviens said:

Trailblazer was talking about pulling off the Pipmuacan loop. 

I have to imagine that your raptor would fit nicely up to the Pip.  I believe the entire Pelchat trail is ATV friendly 

Nice.  Need to add this to my bucket list.

Thanks!

On 8/9/2019 at 7:44 PM, Je me souviens said:

No Pip for me this year JmS, blew my tranny and rear diff, had trouble locating a good used one. In the shop now getting ready.

Pip gonna have to wait till next year cuz by the time the bike is back together it’s time for my next holiday then we’ll we we’ll into hunting season and we all know how much hunters like atvs running around in their territory.

8 hours ago, hparaptor said:

Give me a few days. Will look at the track for the coordinates

Thank you sir!  Even a screenshot or description of sorts would help.  Hoping to pass through there and wanted to snoop around some!

Thanks again!

Ike

On 8/26/2019 at 6:39 AM, Ike said:

Thank you sir!  Even a screenshot or description of sorts would help.  Hoping to pass through there and wanted to snoop around some!

Thanks again!

Ike

From north to south

When leaving the airstrip on the sled trail going to Casey you’ll cross a cement bridge over a narrow river with some houses to the right on the shore line, straight ahead less than a klm the trail goes up a slope, look to your left for a very narrow path like a hiking trail. That would be it, go 500’ in and your there.

Good luck

On 8/5/2019 at 9:36 PM, Je me souviens said:

Took a ride last weekend.  Left marineaus in Trois Rives Saturday morning,  hit the repos, Lunic then on to Parent for the night.  Next morning we headed back to Marineaus by way of kanawata.  486 miles for the weekend.   

20190804_181536.jpg

Hope you spent the night in Parent with the nice couple that has nice two story modern cabins in town

the place CANT be beat

On 8/5/2019 at 9:36 PM, Je me souviens said:

20190804_181536.jpg

Hey 486 miles for “the weekend” would be respectable even on a sled. Didn’t know you could cover so much ground on a side x side in that amount of time. The girls in this pic look like they are both holding their backs. Is it grueling on the body after awhile?

On 8/25/2019 at 9:48 PM, hparaptor said:

Give me a few days. Will look at the track for the coordinates

Found the coordinates of a tank.  There are additional tanks, but we only went to one. 

47°56'03.55N

74°06'19.04W 

Will post pics of the tracks tonight

Track plots are added.  Coordinates listed on bottom of image

Casey Airport.jpg

Airport water tank.jpg

Edited by hparaptor
Added images

18 hours ago, hparaptor said:

Found the coordinates of a tank.  There are additional tanks, but we only went to one. 

47°56'03.55N

74°06'19.04W 

Will post pics of the tracks tonight

Track plots are added.  Coordinates listed on bottom of image

Casey Airport.jpg

Airport water tank.jpg

Just what I was looking for!  Thanks much!