ATV trail questions

Triggerhappy

Well it looks like I will be heading up for a side x side trip this Friday.  I will be following another Quebec rider around up there starting this Friday for 10 days.  He planned and organized everything.  (Thanks Chris).  Starting a roughly 1200 mile loop from Rabaska.  Belinda and I are very excited to see where the trails will take us.  Problem is keeping her from packing everything but the kitchen sink!

Just now, Triggerhappy said:

Well it looks like I will be heading up for a side x side trip this Friday.  I will be following another Quebec rider around up there starting this Friday for 10 days.  He planned and organized everything.  (Thanks Chris).  Starting a roughly 1200 mile loop from Rabaska.  Belinda and I are very excited to see where the trails will take us.  Problem is keeping her from packing everything but the kitchen sink!

One leg of the trip may have just gotten stymied.  The trails were just updated again today on the iQuad app and it shows the connector between Riviere-Rouge and Saint-Michel-des-Saints "Temporarily Closed" due to hunting season.  I will have to make some calls and see if we can reroute or remap the overall route.  There are options (at least in the app) everywhere else I have mapped...…….but I don't see one in that area...……..ugh!  I have been checking regularly and this just changed!  Either way, we'll make something work somewhere!

Ike

32 minutes ago, Ike said:

One leg of the trip may have just gotten stymied.  The trails were just updated again today on the iQuad app and it shows the connector between Riviere-Rouge and Saint-Michel-des-Saints "Temporarily Closed" due to hunting season.  I will have to make some calls and see if we can reroute or remap the overall route.  There are options (at least in the app) everywhere else I have mapped...…….but I don't see one in that area...……..ugh!  I have been checking regularly and this just changed!  Either way, we'll make something work somewhere!

Ike

I have complete faith in you!  lol   I am flexible and will go with whatever changes are made.  if that means a longer days ride or whatever,  I am good with it.  Let me know if there is anything I can do or help you with.

7 hours ago, Triggerhappy said:

1200 mile loop, sounds pretty serious.  We are also headed up that way this weekend.    New windshield wiper has been installed, looks like we are going to get wet on Saturday, bring the rain gear.  Sounds silly I know, but make sure your prepped with the cold gear and wind proof layers.  It doesn’t take much to make the ride suck when your wet.  I expect a full trip report with routes and destinations upon completion.  Have a fun time.   The hunters will give you dirty looks when you ride by them, but in all reality they are not supposed to be “road” hunting.  If you see safety ribbon strips  draped  at the head of a trail it means there is someone using that area as a stand, try to avoid that area  and you should be all set.  Using the iQuad maps alone will not give you the best picture of what routes are available.  Keep the iMotoneige app handy and you can use it to find alternate routes that way

Thanks Je me souviens.  That's the plan.  Tentative itinerary now is to still start at Rabaska then......

Circle south and hit all of the scenery (Chutes Windigo, Devil's Mountain, etc.) and wind back up to Beauregard (still have to call them today as this is the only change SO FAR)

Beauregard to Le Cabanon (via Lac du Repos)

Le Cabanon over to Odanak (above La Tuque)

Odanak to Barrage Goiun

Barrage Gouin to Clova (circling the reservoir)

Clova to Kanawata

Kanawata to 100 Lacs

100 Lacs back to the truck at Rabaska (the scenic route)

I hope we can pull it off!!

Ike

On 9/5/2019 at 8:03 AM, Ike said:

Thanks Je me souviens.  That's the plan.  Tentative itinerary now is to still start at Rabaska then......

Circle south and hit all of the scenery (Chutes Windigo, Devil's Mountain, etc.) and wind back up to Beauregard (still have to call them today as this is the only change SO FAR)

Odanak to Barrage Goiun

Clova to Kanawata

Kanawata to 100 Lacs

Ike

Nice itinerary

A little tip, when leaving Barrage Gouin heading towards Obedjewan not far past it maybe 10 or 15 k heading towards Clova for the counterclock wise loop you’ll see a high mountain on your right, sticks out like sore thumb. Look for the trail that’ll bring you to the summit, awesome views and wild fruit for a snack.

0A37485C-8C5F-421F-BE5C-8B0FBA0D20AA.thumb.jpeg.b54f8896baa8195579306705e3f6c22e.jpeg

2AFFDC80-96A9-4654-9174-2AA8B1A299C1.thumb.jpeg.ac248ade4cee2e355381395e003329b6.jpeg

6 hours ago, Ike said:

Thanks Trailblazer we are definitely going to try to find that!

We are at Mekoos this morning heading to Le cabanon tonight via Manawan and Repos. Then over to Odanak tomorrow evening if all goes well.

IMG_20190907_172534609_HDR.jpg

Your trucks are tucked in nicely

6E9290E5-CE7D-4873-8D20-AF6932FF3977.jpeg

On 9/5/2019 at 6:33 AM, Ike said:

Odanak to Barrage Goiun

Clova to Kanawata

Kanawata to 100 Lacs

Ike

I have to hand it to you Ike,  that is a sweet itinerary.  I have never run the top side of the reservoir.  Crossed it by sled years ago and had a glance of Optician from a distance but that’s it.  I need an extra day to hit that far up, maybe next year.  The “humidity” helped keep the dust down this weekend...lol. Post some pics of your trip when you get a chance.  I didn’t take too many myself this weekend.  Here is what I have

865037F2-1567-4575-A6F0-9825F0A5E87F.jpeg

When we had lunch at the Rabaska today, a group of European’s were just getting off some sea doo’s.   We thought to ourselves I bet that was a short ride...lol  HOLY SHIT it was way too cold for that!  

3618C174-67EF-4AD8-B750-9BD83DFD5D88.jpeg

Edited by Je me souviens
Add pic

On 9/5/2019 at 6:33 AM, Ike said:

Odanak to Barrage Goiun

Clova to Kanawata

Kanawata to 100 Lacs

Ike

I understand that the top half had tough internet connections, but I know that Clova, Kanawata and 100 lacs have good WiFi...I am dying for an update and some pics of your trip