ATV trail questions

Triggerhappy

Ok.  Here's a quick update.

Made the trip as planned for the most part. 1260-1300 miles depending on which of the three odometer readings you use.  I had the least (oversized tires) and the Polaris had the most.  Not one flat tire or mechanical issue on any of the machines.  We didn't even run out of fuel!  We made the lookout on the Gouin and the "bunkers" at Casey thanks to all of the information posted here!

All in all - great trip with great people!

Thanks again for the helpful information!

Ike

22854.jpeg

IMG_20190914_155208774_HDR.jpg

As Ike said the trip went incredible.  Ike had his chit together and made this trip what it was.  Thanks for all the info from the guys on here.  Definitely a trip for the books.  The lookout on top of the mountain with the cross was spectacular, and one of the favorites of Belinda's.  The trip had some "I can't believe what I saw moments". Like when a truck pulling into a place we stopped for fuel, towing a boat and trailer. Only problem was there no no axle under it.  The boat trailer was on its entire frame dragging.  Who knows how long it was towed like that.  By the time we left the trailer was up on jacks....  The tractor trailer is still parked up on the mountain.....  And groomer must have traded his machine in for a grader as we passed one making the trail smooth.  I will post pics as I get them (belinda took a million of them).  

IMG_4418.JPG

IMG_4435.JPG

IMG_4430.JPG

IMG_4424.JPG

IMG_4428.JPG

IMG_4422.JPG

IMG_4419.JPG

IMG_4436.JPG

6 minutes ago, Trailblazer said:

Very nice guys glad to hear it went well with out any issues.

From Martins into Clova did you guys take the old trail or the highway?

Were the blueberries ripe on the look out?

Unfortunately, we took the old trail.  BAD BAD BAD idea.  In some places, it was completely grown closed.  Not wide enough to walk through let alone take a SXS!  I know what the followers were thinking about 100 yards into it.  For that, I am still sorry but we made it.  Dominic told me that he has a contract out to clear that trail (?soon?)……..  I will NOT take it again until that is confirmed.

The greeting party at Rabaska and "foxy" at Gouin.  The 3 machines parked at the top of Devils mtn.   Bathrooms for those couples that can't be apart from each other for even one moment out in the wilderness under the stars. Cold morning leaving Kanawata. 

IMG_4416.JPG

IMG_4425.JPG

IMG_4433.JPG

IMG_4438.JPG

IMG_4437.JPG

IMG_4439.JPG

IMG_4444.JPG

IMG_4445.JPG

2 hours ago, Ike said:

Unfortunately, we took the old trail.  BAD BAD BAD idea.  In some places, it was completely grown closed.  Not wide enough to walk through let alone take a SXS!  I know what the followers were thinking about 100 yards into it.  For that, I am still sorry but we made it.  Dominic told me that he has a contract out to clear that trail (?soon?)……..  I will NOT take it again until that is confirmed.

Yup 2 years ago we were tunneling through there too, I can image how much more it’s grown in.

41 minutes ago, Trailblazer said:

Yup 2 years ago we were tunneling through there too, I can image how much more it’s grown in.

Just wide enough for a Raptor to fit through.  Recall the branches hitting the handlebars.  Cant imagine what it was like in a SxS. 

Nice pictures.  Thank you for sharing 

• 3 weeks later...

We put another ride on the books this weekend.  Marineau’s to 100 Lacs.  Took the southern route out on Saturday, 360 to 33 and the northern side on Sunday, 33 to 345 and good ole M20.  30 degrees Saturday morning,  210 miles later we were enjoying the classic flank steak dinner we agree is tied with Lac Faillon for top outfitter meal in Quebec.  Sunday was a little warmer and shorter, 180 miles, finished with the disappointing A&W in Berthierville.  Leaves are almost peak in some areas.  Lots of hunting in the zec, looks like some prefer just cruising on the ATV, all we needed was some blaze orange and we would have fit right in, minus the rifles and what not...lol

277BB28C-B274-45B5-A015-474C9CB4B3DD.jpeg