ATV trail questions

Triggerhappy

Nice Run Je me souviens.

I wished we were closer so we could take advantage of some weekend trips like that but it's a 10+ hour haul for us just to a good starting point - hence the 8 day runs.  Buggy is already tore down for the season and being serviced.  I am already contemplating the next big adventure...…..maybe starting over around Shawinigan or  St. Raymond and heading up towards Forestville to Chenail du Nord and over to Onatchiway.  Lots of logistics involved with interconnectivity and such.  The Pipmaucan intrigues me but I have some homework to do first!  Got the call a couple weeks ago that my new sled for this season is in so I am switching the shop over to sled mode here shortly!

Ike

This was one of the big bridges we had to cross.  They used anything they could grab... logs, ply wood, boards and they even used guard rails on the side of it to keep us safe from going over!  Lol. And just across the "bridge" you can see the burnt remnants of someone that didn't make the crossing. Lol

IMG_4509.PNG

Edited by Triggerhappy

21 hours ago, Triggerhappy said:

This was one of the big bridges we had to cross.  They used anything they could grab... logs, ply wood, boards and they even used guard rails on the side of it to keep us safe from going over!  Lol. And just across the "bridge" you can see the burnt remnants of someone that didn't make the crossing. Lol

IMG_4509.PNG

Yeah, that looks fine.  A little sketchy,  but it works 

1 hour ago, MrGutz said:

It's so the freighters can pass under it and not hold up traffic.

GutZ

Yeah, we actually had to wait a few minutes at the bridge as they were just lowering it after a freighter passed under.  It was loaded with ski doo parts....  go figure.  ;)

On 10/9/2019 at 9:52 AM, Triggerhappy said:

IMG_4509.PNG

Looks similar to the one between Martin’s and Clova.  We hit that stretch last year and I thought it was a little tight then, I can just imagine what that “tunnel” looked like this year when you went through that area.     It too bad you guys are so far from us, I am always looking for people to ride with.  As Ike mentioned, I can certainly appreciate the need for an extended run to make the 8 hour hike worthwhile, I am just not sure about an 8 day ride.... I am in for sure, the rest of the gang not so much...

I would really appreciate if you shared some more tales of the route and any other info about the top side of the reservoir. I think that might be next summer’s escapade.

I have been considering how to include the Pelchat trail in a side by side run, but I think that would require at least a 4 day loop.

8AF4C828-911E-4A67-A3CF-1AA95CD269F0.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Je me souviens said:

Looks similar to the one between Martin’s and Clova.  We hit that stretch last year and I thought it was a little tight then, I can just imagine what that “tunnel” looked like this year when you went through that area.     It too bad you guys are so far from us, I am always looking for people to ride with.  As Ike mentioned, I can certainly appreciate the need for an extended run to make the 8 hour hike worthwhile, I am just not sure about an 8 day ride.... I am in for sure, the rest of the gang not so much...

I would really appreciate if you shared some more tales of the route and any other info about the top side of the reservoir. I think that might be next summer’s escapade.

I have been considering how to include the Pelchat trail in a side by side run, but I think that would require at least a 4 day loop.

Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner!  That "bridge" is on that stretch of "trail"...……...And as I said before it was TIGHT to say the least...….

I will have to get some screenshots of the route we took around the reservoir.  I downloaded a topo app and used it and a forestry map that was given to me by some fellow surveyors in the area to navigate around the reservoir.  It was mostly all "road" riding from Barrage Goiun all the way around to Martin's.  The app I used "tracked" our route so I should be able to get a shot of it on here somehow...……..

2 hours ago, Je me souviens said:

I am always game for a long weekend trip.  I can be at the border (northway) in about 2.5 hrs.  Ike has a hike. ;)  further drive for him.  Like Ike said the trip up and over the reservoir was more roads.  If I remember correctly from Gouin up and over and to Clova was around 215 miles.  Great view up on top of the mountain.  Great trip.  I would be up for some long weekend trips.

On 10/10/2019 at 1:39 PM, Triggerhappy said:

I am always game for a long weekend trip.  I can be at the border (northway) in about 2.5 hrs.  Ike has a hike. 😉 further drive for him.  Like Ike said the trip up and over the reservoir was more roads.  If I remember correctly from Gouin up and over and to Clova was around 215 miles.  Great view up on top of the mountain.  Great trip.  I would be up for some long weekend trips.

I'm about 5 hours from the border.   Looking forward to the open trails next year.  If you thought riding in a SxS isca blast, give it a try on a sport quad. 

IMG_2269.jpg

Lots of familiar sites!  Unfortunately, the screenshots of our route around the Gouin are a distant memory at this time.  Update on the App wiped out the saved track!  Ugh!  I did place a bunch of Google Earth placemarks at the intersections that I could make out on the aerial (for future reference).  Maybe I'll try to bring them over here later.  I've attached a picture of the map that the surveyors gave me.  It was helpful.  The "black line" on the next photo is an "edit" that the nice fella at Gouin made for me.  He informed us of a "new road" that wasn't on the map at KM 152 heading north out of Gouin that we could take instead of the "big road" (which was closed anyway).  It can bring you back out on to the "big road" by passing either Lac de la Lime (to the east) or Lac Bell (to the north) - shown on the last photo.  We blew right past in at first because the km markers were overgrown with thick brush along the road.

669815210_IMG_20190228_0807231212.thumb.jpg.2a22682d77059ba1c20880853316d8e9.jpg1642964434_IMG_20190910_1914443302.thumb.jpg.fdc11cd64ed26e26b53a91d26a31e28e.jpg1864740764_IMG_20190910_1916415762.thumb.jpg.ecf5ba83823236bd9658376deeb03630.jpg

One last ride for the year, the annual family long weekend at the basket thong. The weather cooperated nicely.  Kept the rides to less than a couple hour jaunts.  Managed to put almost 400 miles on the buggy.  Visited Sainte Anne du Lac, Mekoos, Notawissi, the Mitchimanecus through the Menjo, crossed  the Lessueur and Petawaga ZECs, took le Chemin de Parent, le Chemin LePine, many trails and roads in between.  We saw the results of at least a dozen successful moose hunts, some large, some small. Here are some pics

7E63B949-E7C6-43FA-91B9-AE0649FD4C22.jpeg