The Intrepid Snowmobiler promotes New Brunswick in 2020 & beyond.

The Intrepid Snowmobiler 

BREAKING NEWS: Snowmobilers will be seeing many more awesome trails like these in New Brunswick next winter thanks to a $1.8 million joint investment from the Governments of Canada and New Brunswick and the New Brunswick Federation of Snowmobile Clubs. The funding announced on July 8 will put many new groomers on the snow for the coming season. Just one more great reason to ride New Brunswick in 2020! Plan your ride-https://intrepidsnowmobiler.com/snowmobile-new-brunswick/1748705022_ScreenShot2019-07-09at16_21_55.png.a8689e560d4dff8818a0628ad489f071.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-09 at 16.26.52.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-09 at 16.26.43.png

NB has a big challenge, in general they are the most expensive to ride per mile based on trail passes, by far. People only have so much to time to ride, so unless u r a high miler, why go there? Quebec is a far superior trail system, and nearby Maine is a ton cheaper than Canada.

Actually, after another drink...these intrepid guys promote 1 week trips, so NB is a lot cheaper compared to Quebec. Who needs Quebec’s 12,000 miles of trails for a 1 week trip? If NB could promote a few 1500 mile 7-day loops for $125ca versus $220 for Quebec they might have something...

Who is looking at the cost of the trail pass when contemplating where to go ride for holidays?   It's peanuts in the total cost of a trip.  I'm much more concerned with the quality of the product I will receive.  Will things be groomed and signed? What are the snow conditions like, etc.  Never ridden in NB, but if they are getting on par with Quebec like many say they are then they are worth looking at for a trip IMO.  The cost of accommodations and distance to trailer to a destination would have a much larger impact on your travel budget than the trail pass if money is a concern.  

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 8:30 PM, smclelan said:

Northern New Brunswick has some very nice trails, well maintained and very consistent snow levels.  They have some great accommodation available as well.  

This.  Been there quite a few times.

Did my first NB ride in feb this past winter, trails were all great except for one section due to broke down groomers,  750 km in 3 days.  i did find that all the trails lacked signage, maybe because i have always ridden in Qc..  but the only signs i saw were at major trail intersections...  still with the trail maps and cell phones we did good!!

Do we need to change the website name, crap, make it something easy to remember.

Quebec-NB-Ontario-Maine-PartsOfVT-Riders.com

QuebecAndFriends-Riders.com

QCandSurroundingProvincesAndSomeStatesRider.com

All kidding aside, more trailz, more better!!

GutZ

1 hour ago, MrGutz said:

Do we need to change the website name, crap, make it something easy to remember.

Quebec-NB-Ontario-Maine-PartsOfVT-Riders.com

QuebecAndFriends-Riders.com

QCandSurroundingProvincesAndSomeStatesRider.com

All kidding aside, more trailz, more better!!

GutZ

VinRougeSledders.com      

Mission Statement: Looking for wine and snow across Canada

The contemplation of funding New Brunswick''s only viable winter tourism option has been in the works for two years now so the 'announcement'  is actually old news. Maybe someone has lined up some sponsors in the area for 2020.

I am a big fan of northern New Brunswick sledding but find their poor trail condition reporting a big problem - it is worse than Ontario's. Showing how long ago a trail was groomed is no indication of present condition. Last year, made a trip to NB trails that seemed to be open according to the on-line map, but didn't even get off the trailer as snow had turned to sand and grass in most places. Won't be buying my non-refundable 7 day pass in advance again and paid a fair amount for travel and gas to determine poor conditions for myself. Turned around and went to Quebec.

I wrote a letter detailing my experience to New Brunswick tourism, heard back and replied to the New Brunswick sledding organization outlining out of province concerns to them, but see no change in condition reporting. Will not be visiting multiple face book pages to figure out if an area's trails are open or not and whether a logging operation is going to present several kilometers of rough to impassable trails without warning.

As for tour planning I found this article much more useful than Nicholson'' s sponsor driven efforts:

https://motoneiges.ca/actions/page?docId=9008&ctx=ctx&p=Snowmobile Tour in New Brunswick&request_locale=en

I am going to put in a plug for Danny's Inn in Bathurst - most stay at the Atlantic Inn, but with a housekeeping unit at Danny's you get more space and can have your own meals or eat at their restaurant - your choice - direct trail access, close to gas, lots of parking -  good base for day tours in the area. Make sure and ask for the sledder's rate when phoning for reservation - not readily available on their web site. No indoor pool though if that is your thing. I received no compensation or special consideration (other than the sledder's rate) for this mention, unlike some.